Bloody excited!

There were many games where we were coasting in the second halfs, imagine if we were under pressure and needed to play at full pace for the 90 mins as other teams are pushing us.

I'm sure we have the ability to up our game another 15-20%.

I am also bloody excited. We are a year more into Pep’s reign and will be better, and the others have a minimum of 19 points to make up on us, we are in a good position
I can't see us getting 100 points again this season, realistically i can see us getting low 90's. Only reason i think that is we scored so many late winners last season (Bournmouth, Southampton and Southampton away 3 of the top of my head) that were outrageously late winners, can't see us doing that consistantly again. That means the rest need to make up 10/12 points on us. Still a massive ask and don't see them getting close to be honest.

I can't see us getting 100 points again this season, realistically i can see us getting low 90's. Only reason i think that is we scored so many late winners last season (Bournmouth, Southampton and Southampton away 3 of the top of my head) that were outrageously late winners, can't see us doing that consistantly again. That means the rest need to make up 10/12 points on us. Still a massive ask and don't see them getting close to be honest.
I'm not getting carried away... A 10/12 gap just means us getting two fewer wins than last season, and Liverpool getting two more. Very far from unlikely.
I'm really looking forward to the season, but our English and Belgian players (plus Mendy) may find the start of another long season an anticlimax after the WC.

Well I’ve proper had enough of footy for the time being. I’ve had my fill of grown men diving over when they haven’t been touched and pretending to be injured when there’s fuck all up with them. If the aliens had just landed and you told them that’s what football was all about they’d say “okay, then show me a real sport that real men play...”

I’m having a complete three week block-out from the fannies and hoping it makes me refreshed and ready to go for a new season.

We didn’t improve in 12/13 or 14/15. No title retained.

True. But in 11/12 and 13/14 we won the league by a whisker and were overtaken. Last season we won the league by a country mile. Even without Mahrez we were some distance ahead of everyone else

I'm not getting carried away... A 10/12 gap just means us getting two fewer wins than last season, and Liverpool getting two more. Very far from unlikely.
I'm really looking forward to the season, but our English and Belgian players (plus Mendy) may find the start of another long season an anticlimax after the WC.
Us converting 2 wins to draws and Liverpool vice versa would get them 8 points closer than last season. From memory they were 25 points adrift of us last season, so even us converting 6 wins to draws and them converting 6 draws to wins still would be enough

I'm hoping Jesus gets back to the form when he, Sterling and Sane were terrorising defences. He's not been quite the same since his long term injury. I don't think Jesus had a particularly good WC but with Neymar being so selfish it's hard to tell. I really would like the lad to show his real potential.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.