Blues at the World Cup

City need to manage the returns well, some of these lads are now a full calendar year without a decent break, just to let the body rejuvenate a bit. De Bruyne i'm looking at you.

So you are still trying to draw comparisons between an emergency stop to visit your son in hospital and a midseason holiday because you can't play?

Mendy didn't want to be out of action, but he was, he doesn't have to recover physically from a 40 game season or mentally from the footballers daily routine because he got plenty of breaks last season.

For a bit of context, the season after Kompany spent a long injury lay off in LA, he turned up 3 weeks early to preseason.

Gundogan was training on his own last season in June while everyone else was away on holiday so he'd male the start of the season - he didn't need another holiday after 8 month out.

Stones has said he's so eager to keep momentum up that he's coming back early.

So Mendy can certainly make do with a shorter holiday than the lads who played 90 minutes every game of the world cup.

He can make do because you say so? I just said it would be great if he came back early. Should it be expected? No, not at all. Should people have a pop if he takes all the time off the club are happily giving him? No chance.

He can make do because you say so? I just said it would be great if he came back early. Should it be expected? No, not at all. Should people have a pop if he takes all the time off the club are happily giving him? No chance.

You really just yell the same thing over and over again, without reading any replies, until people stop replying to you, don't you? It's the same in the Sterling thread.

You never said it would be great if he came back early - you've literally just made that up in your last comment.

What you actually did was ask why people thought he could possibly come back early, and how you thought it was a weird thing to even consider happening, so I gave the obvious reasons why (he's not got a 40 game season nor 9 months of doing the same routine non-stop to recover from) and then came up with other examples of his teammates doing the same.

Last edited:
City need to manage the returns well, some of these lads are now a full calendar year without a decent break, just to let the body rejuvenate a bit. De Bruyne i'm looking at you.
Pep gave them plenty of time off during the season,sure he will do the same again,i would rather we got off to a slow start than rush them back from their holidays,the arses are back and playing pretty much their first team already,we'll probably lose the first game with them but the boys need their holiday

Pep gave them plenty of time off during the season,sure he will do the same again,i would rather we got off to a slow start than rush them back from their holidays,the arses are back and playing pretty much their first team already,we'll probably lose the first game with them but the boys need their holiday

If our lot are getting the seemingly standard 3 weeks, then we'll have Sané, Mahrez, Laporte, Gundogan, Aguero, Otamendi, Silva and Bernardo back by next Monday. More than enough to put a community shield team together.

RB is the major worry for me, as Walker played a huge amount last season, almost every game for England, and we don't know how bad Danilo's injury is.

If our lot are getting the seemingly standard 3 weeks, then we'll have Sané, Mahrez, Laporte, Gundogan, Aguero, Otamendi, Silva and Bernardo back by next Monday. More than enough to put a community shield team together.

RB is the major worry for me, as Walker played a huge amount last season, almost every game for England, and we don't know how bad Danilo's injury is.
I did see a report the other day that danny is expected to be back for the start of the season but who knows,i share your concern over the position

Who of our boys are off to the World Cup then? must be an absolute raft...

England (CONF): Stones, Sterling, Delph, Walker
Argentina (CONF): Aguero, Otamendi
Germany (prov): Sane, Gundogan
Brazil (CONF): Jesus, Fernandinho, Ederson, Danilo
Portugal (CONF): B Silva
Spain (CONF): D Silva
France (CONF): Mendy
Belgium (CONF): De Bruyne, Kompany

who else? any of the on loan lads?

Other CFG players going:
Costa Rica: Ronald Matarrita, Rodney Wallace (NYCFC)
Uruguay: Christian Stuani (Girona)
Morocco: Bono (Girona)
Australia: Milos Degenek (Yokohama), Daniel Arzani (Melbourne City)
Colombia: Johan Mojica, Bernardo Espinosa (Girona)
I thought you meant City fans .

You really just yell the same thing over and over again, without reading any replies, until people stop replying to you, don't you? It's the same in the Sterling thread.

You never said it would be great if he came back early - you've literally just made that up in your last comment.

What you actually did was ask why people thought he could possibly come back early, and how you thought it was a weird thing to even consider happening, so I gave the obvious reasons why (he's not got a 40 game season nor 9 months of doing the same routine non-stop to recover from) and then came up with other examples of his teammates doing the same.

Not at all, clearly you don't read my posts so it is pretty pointless in replying to it. I said if he came back early it would be a good sign of his commitment. Feel free to apologise after accusing me of lying although I doubt you will.

There's a case for saying why you may believe he should come back early, you clearly believe he should and I just hope if he doesn't it doesn't cause unrest amongst our sensitive precious support. It is his option.

Not at all, clearly you don't read my posts so it is pretty pointless in replying to it. I said if he came back early it would be a good sign of his commitment. Feel free to apologise after accusing me of lying although I doubt you will.

There's a case for saying why you may believe he should come back early, you clearly believe he should and I just hope if he doesn't it doesn't cause unrest amongst our sensitive precious support. It is his option.

Haha, you are hilarious, in a tragic way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.