Who now then?...

From that list it would be either Kovacic or Pellegrini.

Not on the list is Malinkivic-Savic. He is perhaps the finest of the B2Bers in Europe.

The cost may be problem as the auction would start at £100m (€110m)
That price takes him out of the equation in my eyes. I didn't include any player I didn't think was possible or else Casemiro, Busquets, Tolisso, Verratti and Diawara would also be in there.

I remember watching Villarreal last season in a game on a saturday night and one player caught my eye that day... he looked THAT good in that one game, I had to find out his shirt number so I could look him up.

His name was Manu Trigueros.

I didn't know whether he just looked good in that game I saw him in, or whether he is consistently as good as that. I don't proclaim to watch Villarreal every week... but my god does he look good on this YouTube compilation... What he has done on this video is just pure footballing artistry...

He's probably the player most like Jorginho on that list. Excellent passer. I think a ball carrier like Kovačić or Ndombele might be better however I'd trust anyone on that list to deliver under Pep.

N`Zonzi has a 35m release clause and he`s 29, which means that both Claudio Gomes and Matt Smith both can have a fair chance of breaking into the first team in a couple years

MENTIONED IT IN ANOTHER THREAD,AXEL WITZEL ROTATING WITH FERN WOULD DO THE TRICK, ooops sorry
He would be a pretty good fit. Issue with the market right now, is that the safest options available are all 27+ and that wouldn't entirely solve the young replacement for Fernandinho issue. Witsel, N'Zonzi, Dembele can all be stop gaps for a season or 2, which may give time for current young options to mature and prove their worth, but then there's the risk of their value sky rocketing out of our budget.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.