This Cesspit of a City

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
After watching the op's video the council should carry out what they are paid for by our ratepayer by enforcing our streets and prosecuting the offenders A good call by Bluemoon Risin on the homeless issue and not simply not enough is done by councils or government to assist in their welfare.I was in town last week and got speaking to a homeless chap. I Wasn't initially aware he was homeless as he was fairly well groomed.He was in the parish church grounds and the vicar was allowing him in to have wash every day and allowing him access to food from the red donation box.He intimated she had also given him a fiver last week for a haircut.Enough effort I guess to get her backside into the kingdom of heaven but not nearly enough to qualify for eternal membership for my liking but that's a thread all of it's own volition.. .... I slipped the lad £3 not because I'm Bob Of Arc but because he genuinely deserved my empathy.What is it with a so called civilized society that does not perform enough to provide basic shelter clothing and food for it's citizens.I asked him about the Salvation army and he said they couldn't help as he was not initially from the borough.I have no idea if this was true but if it was then they too should give their heads a wobble.

Do the council do enough to alleviate fly tipping ? They could start by reintroducing free collection services of household waste from residents instead of charging.For the rest who discard their litter out of car windows or choose to live like feral wastrels by discarding shite on their own doorsteps then shame eternal shame on you all.Even a rabbit keeps it's hutch clean.Rant over ..

Edited for syntax:

Last edited:
It’s funny because I have pals who think Manchester is fantastic , they see buildings going up , new bars & restaurants & everything looks rosy to them, I suppose it’s what each persons personality is dictates what they see. I won’t see the bar or restaurant , i’ll See the litter, filth & spice heads i’ve Got to walk past to get there. To me a City is judged by its cleanliness, it’s transport system & how much pride it’s people have in their city, we are low down on all counts , a few nice restaurants & bars does not make a great City.

litter is a problem everywhere and proper pisses me. how the fuck are the kids of today supposed to learn off the parents who simply chuck rubbish on floor and dont give a fuck?

I've just come back from San Sebastian with my family. I don't think i've ever been anywhere where there were so many people 'using' the city centre, just an unbelievable amount of ppl out on the streets. People of all ages as well.The place was absolutely spotless, the streets, the 3 x beaches, the long promenade next to La Concha beach.

These people respect where they live, we seem to have a large amount of dickheads who do not.

A young lad at work recently went to Dussledorf on the lash with his mates.
I asked him how it was when he returned and his first words were brilliant and he couldn't believe how clean it was. By his own admission he said he wouldn't have dreamt of throwing litter away there where as here again in his own words he "couldn't give a shit" He even looked for somewhere to place his cigarette buts. The be all and end all is a trip to a clean well kept German city has now made this lad think twice before chucking his rubbish on the floor.

Bury New Road is a fucking disgrace mate and I often say they should be fined if they don’t clean it up, I think you’re onto a good idea there.

It’s so obvious there’s criminal activity taking place and it’s an absolute dump.
Have they cleaned up longsight market do you know? that place looked like a bomb had hit it 24/7.

Got to agree about the gardens to, some proper dodgy scummy buggers take up prominent parts of it. Even as a native i think it is very bad. Everyone else has to go sit on the grass by the coffee shops there because the statue area 99% of the time is covered in people who look like they are the worlds greatest muggers. It needs cleaning up badly as it makes us look really scruffy. That said i assume those who do it are not arsed about a night in the cells making it a slightly futile thing to do.

Some human right laws will be tested if we wanted it looking spic n span. I have no problem with people even having a swift beer on the gardens but when it is a few people who look dodgy as fuck wearing just shell suit bottoms and a sack of the cheapest alcohol unit to cost beer with them; it just looks bad. I saw an office worker sit down and do a can of bud or something, indeed it made me want a cool beer, seeing some of Salfords finest hanging around with some dodgy tennants super stuff did not. I hate sounding like a snob but this is a face to the world who come to visit us and it is pretty embarrassing to be honest these days. The gardens need fixing asap, it's a disgrace. That is before we get to the concrete monstrosities that make up the gardens now.

I've actually been picking litter up in my area its got so bad.

I'm always fuckin slipping on it too

Have they cleaned up longsight market do you know? that place looked like a bomb had hit it 24/7.

Got to agree about the gardens to, some proper dodgy scummy buggers take up prominent parts of it. Even as a native i think it is very bad. Everyone else has to go sit on the grass by the coffee shops there because the statue area 99% of the time is covered in people who look like they are the worlds greatest muggers. It needs cleaning up badly as it makes us look really scruffy. That said i assume those who do it are not arsed about a night in the cells making it a slightly futile thing to do.

Some human right laws will be tested if we wanted it looking spic n span. I have no problem with people even having a swift beer on the gardens but when it is a few people who look dodgy as fuck wearing just shell suit bottoms and a sack of the cheapest alcohol unit to cost beer with them; it just looks bad. I saw an office worker sit down and do a can of bud or something, indeed it made me want a cool beer, seeing some of Salfords finest hanging around with some dodgy tennants super stuff did not. I hate sounding like a snob but this is a face to the world who come to visit us and it is pretty embarrassing to be honest these days. The gardens need fixing asap, it's a disgrace. That is before we get to the concrete monstrosities that make up the gardens now.

No idea mate, haven’t been to Longsight for a long time.

Fully agree about the Gardens, I work not too far away and it’s an utter disgrace.

People have absolutely no pride.

Looked at Horncaslte & Alford but probably around Spilsby.

It's a different lifestyle over there and as we're both in our 50's think it's time to move on, been in North Manchester all our lives and really fancy a bit of backwater and countryside.

Funnily enough we have our first valuation appointment tomorrow so we can properly see what monies we've got to play with.

Everything in life is a gamble and we've decided now's the time to turn a card.
Good for you and good luck!

A young lad at work recently went to Dussledorf on the lash with his mates.
I asked him how it was when he returned and his first words were brilliant and he couldn't believe how clean it was. By his own admission he said he wouldn't have dreamt of throwing litter away there where as here again in his own words he "couldn't give a shit" He even looked for somewhere to place his cigarette buts. The be all and end all is a trip to a clean well kept German city has now made this lad think twice before chucking his rubbish on the floor.
Used to fly to Frankfurt all the time. Was ALWAYS impressed by the city’s cleanliness, utility, and infrastructure...and there were no shortage of watering holes.

Why people don’t give a shit about where they live is on them, not society. Personal responsibility is sorely lacking in many, many people today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.