Who now then?...

I wonder if Pep is going to spring a surprise and move on our existing players to the pivot role?

He moved Philipp Lahm from full back to pivot at Bayern with success.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...-lahm-understated-genius-revolutionised-role/

Pep talks about Lahm's intelligence in the article. I am not sure the same would apply to, say Stones, who people have touted as a pivot but maybe worth a go?

If only we could clone KdB!

Kovacic looks dead in the water now.
We're going to go into the new season with only fernandinho who can truly play the pivot role correctly.
Think it's going to cost us at some point
I honestly think Gundogan is capable of doing a fine job there when required. It's not ideal but I wouldn't be devastated with us using Ilkay there until we identify a successor to Fernandinho, whether that be in January or next summer.

I honestly think Gundogan is capable of doing a fine job there when required. It's not ideal but I wouldn't be devastated with us using Ilkay there until we identify a successor to Fernandinho, whether that be in January or next summer.
We tried him there last year and the drop off in quality was significant

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.