Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
But there does need to be a 25% point swing from last season. That would require a catastrophic collapse in form from City or an astonishing improvement in Liverpool's form. I simply do not see either of those things happening.

It just happened last season. Chelsea who finished 15 points ahead of us in 16-17 were 30 points behind us in 17-18. That's a 45 point swing over 2 seasons. Nobody expected Chelsea to fall so much behind at the beginning of the season.

It just happened last season. Chelsea who finished 15 points ahead of us in 16-17 were 30 points behind us in 17-18. That's a 45 point swing over 2 seasons. Nobody expected Chelsea to fall so much behind at the beginning of the season.

Sure it happens but we are talking the likelihood of City collapsing and this Liverpool side (who finished on one point less than the previous season) improving by 25% to overtake City. It is unlikely.

A more realistic ambition for Liverpool would be to finish above Spurs. That is the level they are at whether they like it or not.

Sure it happens but we are talking the likelihood of City collapsing and this Liverpool side (who finished on one point less than the previous season) improving by 25% to overtake City. It is unlikely.

A more realistic ambition for Liverpool would be to finish above Spurs. That is the level they are at whether they like it or not.
Hope you're right. Though from what I see, with the CL final, the good purchases they are making, Salah being 'god', Klopps record against Pep and just his general record of winning things.... I see Liverpool really running us close this year, maybe so close that the games at theirs and ours will be what determines things

Excellent point. This swing nonsense is just that nonsense. We will win the league again if we apply ourselves and have the same determination and hunger as last season unless another team put in an amazing performance. We will not win the league if we fall off even a small bit from last season unless all the other sides have poor seasons. The margins involved are minute and intangible and certainly cannot be simplistically quantified in terms of the points difference between sides at the end of the previous season.

Di Marzio says they are close to Alisson and if they sign Fekir they have had a superb summer

Klopp is under pressure to win something this season as are all the top six clubs managers, I can’t see any of them getting near us once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.