Mario Lemina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is his name not big enough for you so he must be wank? Juve must have seen something to sign him and he’s still only 23. He does have a lot of potential.

Big enough?

Not bothered either way by that, what i am bothered about is people like you thinking that chucking money at a player and putting him with Pep will turn anyone into a superstar. From what I have seen of him, he's not good enough for us, and especially not good enough to spend 30m on.

I don’t know how much this guy would cost but a potential downgrade from gorging maistsy if Napoli and Italy to lemons for the sake of 5 - 10 mill seems crazy. Bear in mind Fred and Fabinho were both available who are much better also.

Yes but I assume developing a 24 year old makes that player more ready for this season than say developing a 17 year old
You are correct, of course, on a short term view. But how much is in it between a very high potential teenager and a 24-year old on whom the jury is out? And how much do we need the likes of Lemina next season anyway?

If the answer to both is “not much”, I’d prefer to take the medium/longer term view and send a more positive message to our kids.

You are correct, of course, on a short term view. But how much is in it between a very high potential teenager and a 24-year old on whom the jury is out? And how much do we need the likes of Lemina next season anyway?

If the answer to both is “not much”, I’d prefer to take the medium/longer term view and send a more positive message to our kids.
Here where you are coming from mate, and the real answer is Pep will assess it and decide. I am just not sure we have any of the higher rated kids who could play in that position. Foden and Diaz for example are more attacking. I know very little of Lemina but assume if we did want him we may have done it BEFORE Angus Gunn went there?

Big enough?

Not bothered either way by that, what i am bothered about is people like you thinking that chucking money at a player and putting him with Pep will turn anyone into a superstar.
Agreed. Pep’s magic isn’t guaranteed to work on everyone. Take Kelechi for example, young with bags of potential,
who, (though it can be argued, was not ideally suited to fit into Pep’s preferred system straight away),
I still think, given a bit of time and patience, could’ve made a career here, yet Pep seemed to completely wash his hands of the lad, not fancying the challenge of working with him one bit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.