Is Big Brother out of control?

PinkFinal

The cameras that know if you're happy - or a threat

Facial recognition tech is becoming more sophisticated, with some firms claiming it can even read our emotions and detect suspicious behaviour. But what implications does this have for privacy and civil liberties?

Facial recognition tech has been around for decades, but it has been progressing in leaps and bounds in recent years due to advances in computing vision and artificial intelligence (AI), tech experts say.

It is now being used to identify people at borders, unlock smart phones, spot criminals, and authenticate banking transactions.

But some tech firms are claiming it can also assess our emotional state.

Since the 1970s, psychologists say they have been able to detect hidden emotions by studying the "micro expressions" on someone's face in photographs and video.

Algorithms and high definition cameras can handle this process just as accurately and faster, tech firms say.

"You're already seeing it used for commercial purposes," explains Oliver Philippou, an expert in video surveillance at IHS Markit.

More:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44799239

With Amazon and Walmart tagging their employees I feel it has gone too far.

Its becoming electronic slavery in the workplace.

It was only a matter of time. My dog can tell my mood even if i try to fake being happy to keep him calm. No amount of relaxing facial muscles help, until i am relaxed he knows i am stressed and i can't fool him no matter how i try. A bit of facial expression learning along with heat patterns on the face i assume could be reasonably accurate for basic emotions. How smart this tech is currently though i have no idea but it will just improve either way.

Got a feeling someone's watching me
From the supermarket store playing hide and seek
Hanging on the ceiling and they never sleep
Everywhere I go I see this silver machine

1980's a brand new age
1980's a brand new age
Anonymous people going nowhere
Being recorded by machines in the air

Closed circuit TV
Closed circuit TV
Closed circuit TV
Closed circuit TV

Is the future going to be a nightmare?
Everywhere you go they're always there
Watching, listening to every word
The past was an omen now the future's a curse

1980's a brand new age
1980's a brand new age
There's no such thing as a private life
They watch you in the crib
Now they're going to watch you die

Closed circuit TV
Closed circuit TV
Closed circuit TV
Closed circuit TV

It's a brand new age
It's a brand new age
It's a brand new age
It's a brand new age

It was only a matter of time. My dog can tell my mood even if i try to fake being happy to keep him calm. No amount of relaxing facial muscles help, until i am relaxed he knows i am stressed and i can't fool him no matter how i try. A bit of facial expression learning along with heat patterns on the face i assume could be reasonably accurate for basic emotions. How smart this tech is currently though i have no idea but it will just improve either way.
Pretty sure they do that by smelling pheromones you release when you're stressed.

Ffs, so i have spent years trying to hide when i am slightly miffed from my dog when it was all in vain doh. I thought it had something to do with the left side of your face.
Just shake your head Four Lions style when you go outside.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.