This Cesspit of a City

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
A mate of mine had to do some community service and was expecting to be sent out with a bin bag. They were given something else to do and when he said he expected to pick up litter he was told by one of the supervisors that they can’t make people pick up litter as it would go against their human rights or some bullshit

Absolute cunts who throw litter out of the car window. I notice it around my way when I go for a walk/run. McDonald’s bags and take away coffee cups that have been launched out of cars.

I’m not saying it doesn’t happen in other countries but I think it does point to some wider social issues we have in the U.K. there is little thought and respect for other people, I wouldn’t dream of littering and speeding through someone else’s neighbourhood.

A mate of mine had to do some community service and was expecting to be sent out with a bin bag. They were given something else to do and when he said he expected to pick up litter he was told by one of the supervisors that they can’t make people pick up litter as it would go against their human rights or some bullshit
I would say whoever has told him that, is talking complete bollocks.

I lived in Florida for several years and travelling to my shop they had convicts cleaning up the roadside, they had striped boiler suits on and some had their ankles chained, to soft in this country, they should earn there keep.

Manchester is in need of a complete fumigation but meanwhile our erstwhile scouse mayor is doing the square sum of fuck all about it, I have friends coming down from Newcastle in a couple of weeks and I will not be taking them anywhere near Piccadilly its brings shame to me and Manchester

A few years ago in Crumpsall I saw some twat tipping some stuff in an alleyway way not far from where I was living I took his reg down and of course followed it up with the council (Snitches and stitches and all that) the really fucking annoying thing is that he lived less than a quarter of a mile away, is a doctor but thought it would be great to shit up someone else's doorstep but not his, couldn't even be arsed to take it to the tip. These are the type of people we are dealing with. I know Crumpsall now has a fortnightly neighbourhood litter crew which is at least bringing the community together.

Absolute cunts who throw litter out of the car window. I notice it around my way when I go for a walk/run. McDonald’s bags and take away coffee cups that have been launched out of cars.I
I remember a couple of years ago sat in my car in a London suburb. I can't remember where exactly, but there was a nearby KFC. I noticed an Asian women, probably mid 20's get in to an opposite parked car with 2 bags of food. Around 20 minutes later the bags and contents were flung out of the car before they drove off. Chicken bones boxes napkins cups etc blowing a out in the street. I picked up the rubbish and binned it less than 20m away. She was a parent, so I guess her kids will do the same.

And before any smartarse starts, yes she was Asian, but I'm not making a racist comment in saying what i saw. People of all nationalities pollute the world we live in with rubbish, and it's getting worse every year.

Manchester just happens to be our City and it's inhabitants who litter our City are part of the reason why the centre and suburbs are in such a filthy state.

Despite my liberal tendencies, I tend to turn into a crypto-fascist around anti-social behaviour like this, perpetrated by selfish, lazy and inconsiderate cunts.

The law around littering should be fortified and enforced with offenders being forced to clear litter up for a double-digit number of hours for their first offence, increasing exponentially thereafter. Looking at the state of litter at the side of some of our busiest roads, would suggest there isn’t any shortage of work for them to do.

Restorative justice writ large.

I agree in regards to that we need to be tough on littler, the Singapore model perhaps, but we also need to be tough on the causes of litter

Over packaging is an issues but also the lack of bins is a problem. Outside the City Chippy at every home game there are loads of those white boxes just left on the floor. A take-way near me is responsible for lots of litter, they should be forced to have a bigger bin outside. Also, the city centre has bins overflowing. We need more bins, bigger bins that are emptied frequently

Having said all that, there really is no real excuse for throwing rubbish on the floor

There has to be a "vicious circle" element to this. Obviously no one should be littering anywhere or at any time, but I suspect some feel more inclined to do it when the place is already looking like a shit tip. As with the story of the guy in Dusseldorf earlier in this thread, no one wants to be the first arsehole to drop litter in a place that's looking pristine.

There has to be a "vicious circle" element to this. Obviously no one should be littering anywhere or at any time, but I suspect some feel more inclined to do it when the place is already looking like a shit tip. As with the story of the guy in Dusseldorf earlier in this thread, no one wants to be the first arsehole to drop litter in a place that's looking pristine.
Anyone who feels inclined to drop their litter is a **** regardless of their surroundings.....you may be right though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.