Ndombele (signed for Spurs)

60M is just what we have to pay for a quality young CM. Utd paid it for Fred, Chelsea paid it for Jorginho. We penny pinched and missed out. Liverpool got Fabinho for 40M because he wasn't great last season. They paid over 50M for Keita and had to loan him back for a season. Around 60 is just the going rate, unless we either take a risk on someone who had a poor season (Maybe we could get Weigl for 40ish?) or go in for an older player as a stop gap. Otherwise we stick with what we have and hope it's enough depth to compete on 4 fronts.

There’s the answer! For all those crying out for an alternative signing in the wake of the Jorginho disappointment, he’s there in that list of comparable players to Ndombele: Lewis Cook! And a snip at £18 million! How did Txiki miss that one, eh?

Not sure Bournemouth would sell, though.
I like Lewis Cook, but not a chance we'd get him for £18mil.

I feel like city are done this window.. And its the usual mistake.. After winning the league one year.. Assuming you will just do it again the next year. Yeah well that never happens, you have to push on. We ain't doing that.. This guy would be a great addition and show city are smarter than the rest.

I feel like city are done this window.. And its the usual mistake.. After winning the league one year.. Assuming you will just do it again the next year. Yeah well that never happens, you have to push on. We ain't doing that.. This guy would be a great addition and show city are smarter than the rest.

Mahrez is a quality signing who will further strengthen us. We're still better equipped than any other side in the Premier League with the world's best manager stop flapping.

Mahrez isn't chopped liver and Mendy is like a new signing since he was out injured all of last season save 6-7 games. There is a bit of a difference between City 2018 and the previous City winners. This team is on the whole very young and with the exception of Fernandinho, we have depth where we have age. So a team that bossed the league from the jump, bringing in what amounts to two new class players isn't necessarily sitting still. I'd love to get a bit more depth at DMF and would also like another LB. But it isn't like there are a ton of players that would improve this squad. Subtract those that aren't for sale at a what is considered a reasonable rate and sometimes you just go without.

Saw this kids video cuties of their game vs Chelsea. WOW. This might be the one Peps waiting for.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.