It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw didn’t klopp say he wouldn’t ever but players like we used to and how he’s rather build the players up ? Klopp the clown

It's a total waste not playing Stones at all, and he needs to play every week - he took responsibility at the World Cup and that is the last thing his game needed to take him to world class level.

If anything, he becomes another defensive screen in the No.6. - tackles better than Fern, passes through the lanes better than Fern (who also does it very well). He has height, he's quick and he's young enough to learn from Pep, just like Kimmich did.

My only concern would him being caught with his back to the play if someone gives him a turd of a pass, but Ederson solves a lot of that and it creates a new triangle at the base of the midfield which perhaps isn't as prevalent as it now needs to be, in terms of giving opponents another thing to look at?

We signed Vinny for a central midfield role, so it might also work the other way around.

Slighty off track, so apologies, but Vincent Kompany is the finest player I have seen in my 34 years, bar none.

Looking back now, as incredible the lad has been at centre-half, I think he could've been our Vieira/Keane all rolled into one; the complete central midfielder.

I base it on the fact that having played the game at a decent level and watching plenty of football across all major leagues i know whether or not a player us good enough for what we require these days. We are all entitled to our opinions and that is mine. Maybe Pep has a different opinion and if he believes him to be good enough then who am I to argue with him. Until then I will stand by my opinion
Fair enough

I said this too; invisible the whole first half and most of the second but an average pass and a goal later he suddenly has been amazing all game and motm worthy. The sycophants are desperate for him to be seen as one of the best in the world as they have "invested" themselves into hyping him up so need to prove themselves right at any chance.
Sounds like the mirror image of Sterling...

I have watched Pogba an awful lot at all his clubs brilliant he defiantly is not, good going forward occasionally good defensively because of his size quite often,
But never the two together, because he is a dumb fuck yes there are quite a lot of stupid players who are quite good but he has to be told where to stand and what to do . a positional imbecile

Think you've hit the nail on the head with the observation that Pogba is a bit of a numb fucker, as sometimes he does have a bit of a vacant look about him. He clearly has ability, but as you say he never seems to know where he should be, which could be the reason he's had spats with the not so special one. I've seen a few clips where Pogba has looked bemused by the instruction from the coaching staff and genuinely looked like he really didn't have a clue where he should be or what he should be doing.

Anyone think we are going to sanction a purchase but not for a cdm ?
Guess the next logical move would be a left-back.

Clearly we're still testing the water for a CM, but we're not desperate so if nothing of sufficient quality at the right price appears then Delph will move there and we'll need another LB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.