Miralem Pjanic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good player but not a defensive midfielder, more of a number 10.
Excellent set piece taker.
I would expect around the 80 million mark.
Can’t see a need for him personally...

Spot on.

He is most useful when playing an advanced central midfield role. His passing accuracy is phenomenal and his free kicks from 20/25 yds have a Pirloesque beauty.

He does very little heavy lifting in the defensive department, tackling-wise, so he’s not what we are looking for if we want to find a solid defensive midfield player, someone who can cancel opposition attacks, and win the majority of 50/50’s.

The best example of that is undoubtedly the player who has been linked with Real Madrid, Man Utd and Juventus. That is of course the Lazio box to boxer Malinkovic-Slavic for whom Lazio are unwilling to listen to bids less than £100m, and this despite his slightly underwhelming WC performances. On that basis he is way too expensive for us if we are looking for something in £30m-£60m+ range.

Last edited:
Barcelona are favourites.
We made a bid but it was rejected.
(I suspect this is made up to get more cash out of Barca).

Last edited:
Great player, would be a much more incisive and threatening player to alternate with De Bruyne and Silva than Gundogan is in the more advanced midfield roles. If this happened Gundogan would drop back into the no.6 position as Fernandinho's deputy.

I still think Brozovic may be the better option from an age and price perspective though, but haven't heard any rumours on that front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.