Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember people flapping about the dippers on here last summer too, maybe even the same people as now. They then finished 25 points behind us.

Honestly, how many of their players would get into our starting XI? Salah? Maybe VVD? That's about it? The 25 points between us are a reflection of City's vastly superior squad and manager and it will take an awful lot more than just a few pieces to make up the deficit.

They're doing what we did last summer in terms of addressing their weaknesses. In some ways it's good as the pressure on them is huge. Klopp has to deliver this season.
Someone was always going to respond. I expected it to be Utd but it looks like its Liverpool.

Bring it on. This spending seems to be financed off the back off last season's Coutinho sale. That means that if LFC end up with a £200m transfer spend they can offset it against revenue from the Coutinho sale. But UEFA review transfer spending on a rolling 3 year basis and the Coutinho sale will in the near future drop out of the equation.

LFC have to either raise future revenues eg by winning the league, or by selling players in subsequent seasons.

They face the same hurdles City did. Fortunately for City. Mancini was successful. Our transfer spending brought immediate rewards. Everything was timed perfectly for us. Fergie left. There was a void we filled it

LFC have a problem: MCFC. There is no void.

My prediction: they'll nearly win the league ;-)

My prediction is they won't win it, but it won't be their fault...it never fucking is.
Wonder if they will have coach welcomes for all heir nearest rivals this coming season?
Sure as hell the Scouse dibble won't do fuck all if they do...they are like the three wise monkeys .

Someone was always going to respond. I expected it to be Utd but it looks like its Liverpool.

Bring it on. This spending seems to be financed off the back off last season's Coutinho sale. That means that if LFC end up with a £200m transfer spend they can offset it against revenue from the Coutinho sale. But UEFA review transfer spending on a rolling 3 year basis and the Coutinho sale will in the near future drop out of the equation.

LFC have to either raise future revenues eg by winning the league, or by selling players in subsequent seasons.

They face the same hurdles City did. Fortunately for City. Mancini was successful. Our transfer spending brought immediate rewards. Everything was timed perfectly for us. Fergie left. There was a void we filled it

LFC have a problem: MCFC. There is no void.
They spent the Coutinho fee on VVD and Keita if I recall

Does anyone remember Klopp saying that he would never spend big money like other teams have done.....you gotta laugh. If the Allison deal goes through he will have spent 400 million pounds already.

I remember people flapping about the dippers on here last summer too, maybe even the same people as now. They then finished 25 points behind us.

Honestly, how many of their players would get into our starting XI? Salah? Maybe VVD? That's about it? The 25 points between us are a reflection of City's vastly superior squad and manager and it will take an awful lot more than just a few pieces to make up the deficit.
Not sure this gap is very meaningful. They are a much stronger unit on paper at least now and will be boosted by the fact they have beaten us 3 times already in 2018. If they get off to a good start and beat us again in October( which given our pathetic record in dipper land is highly likely) we will have a very serious battle on our hands. Call that flapping if you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.