Cranes cranes everywhere.

doesnt matter whats being built, sure sign of confidence and prosperity in the construction industry. few years back there were none on the skyline of Manchester. Thats when you have a problem

Mostly flats and apartments but also a fair number of offices regenerating run down mills and dilapidated buildings. A lot are being sold to investors but some are going to local people. Imo the more people move into the city centre the better, they bring spending power and with it shops and restaurants.

Regenerating run down mils yet walk around spring gardens, king st, John Dalton St, deansgate etc, etc, etc for all the office space for rent and business space and shop/restaraunt space for rent, building new stuff while old stuff lies empty all for the vanity of looking like a modern upcoming city, while the majority is being left to rot o the surface

I Rerefer you to the cesspit thread.

Last edited:
Every road around our apartment block has a new building going up. All 'luxury' flats.

Last home game I was stood at the top of entrance U spiral at half time.
I counted 32.
Building game must be improving.

There are over 60 at the moment. Higher than the next two cities outside London combined and higher than pretty much any city in North America. The city has more inward investment, more inward migration, more residential builds and more commercial take-up than any other city in the UK outside London. It has the largest financial sector outside London. It has the largest media sector outside London. It has the largest sports sector outside London. The largest and fastest growing airport outside London. The third most popular arena in the entire world, if you excuse the short dip after the bombing.

Other UK cities simply can't compete.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.