Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've no problem with their spending because they're addressing key weaknesses just as we did last summer. My only thing is, I hope the press hold Liverpool and Klopp accountable. Absolutely have to win a trophy next season.

I've no problem with their spending because they're addressing key weaknesses just as we did last summer. My only thing is, I hope the press hold Liverpool and Klopp accountable. Absolutely have to win a trophy next season.
Will they fuck. It will be liverpool spent well, great business addressing their weaknesses etc... Throw in a city's fault for extravagant spending inflating the market

Quick squad comparison (assuming they sign Alisson) who, if any, would you take out of their squad over ours?

Ederson/Alisson
Bravo/Karius
Walker/Alexander-Arnold
Danilo/Clyne
Laporte/Van Dijk
Kompany/Lovren
Otamendi/Klavan
Stones/Gomez
Mendy/Moreno
Fernandinho/Fabinho
Gundogan/Wijnaldum
De Bruyne/Lallana
D Silva/Keita
B Silva/Shaqiri
Sterling/Oxlade-Chamberlain
Sané/Mané
Mahrez/Salah
Jesus/Firmino
Aguero/Sturridge

Much as I hate them I don't think there is much between these squads apart from KDB and David Silva..which is still quite a lot. I think the title will be a close race. I also think that we and Liverpool are well ahead of the rest unless some more deals are done by our rivals.

It was inevitable they would do this. Before their latest spending spree Liverpool had virtually no net spend. They've also collected nearly 100 mil from their CL run - not even European football the season before. They can afford and will probably sign at least one more top player.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43898708

It's not the spend that's the issue

VVD: £75m
Fabinho: £40m
Keita: £54m
Salah: £40m
Ox: £35m
Shaqiri: £13m

And potential signings:
Fekir - £40m
Alisson - £66m

Seven players for a combined total of £363M, and give them all five year contracts then in their accounts that is costing £72M per season (the transfer fee divided by length of contract)

The issue is the wages have to be added
Let's be generous and say that each has a £80K per week contract then that for the seven players is another £29M per season

So in total an extra £101M per season

As for the net spend per point trophy, what a load of old shit that is and I would say looking at where the transfer market is now, City have done very, very well over the last two or three seasons. The majority of players we have bought ha've improved and their value has at least doubled

Didn’t Ederson cost about £35m?

With regards to Liverpool, I think they will be a threat but their tendency to drop too many points against ‘weaker’ sides is something that has troubled them for years.

They are no better now than the days of Hyppia, Gerrard, Owen, Riise etc.

Whilst they do have some very good players in Fabinho, Van Dijk, Firmino, Mane and Keita, you can’t help feeling that the form and fitness of Salah will be paramount to their chances of winning the league. Perhaps I’m underrating him but it’s difficult for me to fathom him having such a brilliant season again.

Klippity has either known or he has listened to advice that after splashed on Dick van Dyke he was in dire need of a goalie! And in true Dipper style, the more he costs the better he will be!

This guy could be a danger

DiIwsARX4AAO7u-

Is that what Nivea does for yer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.