Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klopp is now the fat kid in a sweetshop on pocket money day

"I'll have one of them, one of them and two of them......."
Ha. I remember that meme for van Gaal.
‘Medical for you, medical for you, medical for everyone’

Fair fucks to the scousers, bit of a challenge for the league next year and I welcome that challenge.

“Other clubs can go out and spend more money and collect top players, yes,” he explained. “But if you bring one player in for £100million or whatever, and he gets injured, then it all goes through the chimney.

“Do I have to do it differently to that? Actually, I want to do it differently. I would even do it differently if I could spend that money.

What stopped them putting a serious challenge to us last season?
Squad depth, losing games against teams in the lower half of the league that they shouldn't and Individual errors, mainly in defence and goalkeeper.

The addition of Van Dijk in January helped the defence, and the recent arrivals of Fabinho, Naby Keita, Xherdan Shaqiri and Alisson will add depth and improved quality, Alisson definately improves the goalkeeping.

They will be improved, but other than Shaqiri, the others will take some time to get used to the Premier league. There will also be an element of getting the blend right, players like Henderson and Milner are going to have to get used to spending time on the bench, and they have lost Can.

They will be closer to us, and likely to be our biggest challengers, but nothing we can't deal with.

Bring it on.... now I wonder if I can get odds on Klopp been gone by this time next year.

What the spending will do is create a defensive mindset in teams they play both at home and away, much the same we had all last season. They have always struggled with lower league teams and when the likes other so called big six do it, then they are in trouble. They only have one way of playing and plenty of teams will exploit that. I will be surprised if they finish in the top 2

Squad depth, losing games against teams in the lower half of the league that they shouldn't and Individual errors, mainly in defence and goalkeeper.

The addition of Van Dijk in January helped the defence, and the recent arrivals of Fabinho, Naby Keita, Xherdan Shaqiri and Alisson will add depth and improved quality, Alisson definately improves the goalkeeping.

They will be improved, but other than Shaqiri, the others will take some time to get used to the Premier league. There will also be an element of getting the blend right, players like Henderson and Milner are going to have to get used to spending time on the bench, and they have lost Can.

They will be closer to us, and likely to be our biggest challengers, but nothing we can't deal with.

Bring it on.... now I wonder if I can get odds on Klopp been gone by this time next year.

I thought the famous left-back had plenty of practice at that last season.

What the spending will do is create a defensive mindset in teams they play both at home and away, much the same we had all last season. They have always struggled with lower league teams and when the likes other so called big six do it, then they are in trouble. They only have one way of playing and plenty of teams will exploit that. I will be surprised if they finish in the top 2
Spot on mate. Every team but them played that way against us last season and we dealt with it magnificently (100 points!). They will soon discover how difficult it is, although I wouldn't dismiss their chances of top 2.

Because we death with them so brilliantly last year, oh wait.....

Their signings are a huge difference between all the other "this is our year" bullshit that comes out their mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.