General transfer rumours

Well, we got a better GK for nearly half as much. Wonder if Lineker et al will be saying "...£67 million for a GK. That's when I knew football had gone mad." Doubt it though cos it's the Dippers.

Could just be lazy reporting being that we were in for him last summer, but figured I would share anyways:

Difference is that Liverpool loses their Sane's (Sterling), Agüero's (Suarez) and their KDB's (Coutinho).

That's £300m that Liverpool didn't want to spend at all. They want to keep their players and keep their squad. It means that you have to start all over again.

Net spend is a better measure to judge by, if you are in to metrics.

Don't forget Can.

You can't help looking at this Alisson transfer and thinking, “Why is this so fucking easy for Liverpool, and we spent four or five months of daily and finally fruitless negotiations for our man?”. Well I can't, anyway.

I think they are a few years behind us in terms of squad development mate and still playing catch up...They are still at that point where they will pay the selling club's valuation, just to get it done. We dont have the same needs as these other teams. Our squad is strong, top to bottom, so the "need" isnt as great, meaning we have a price and wont go over it. I think Liverpool have filled their 2 biggest needs this summer and could push us right to the end of the season....Personally, I will feel much better if/when we get cover, support for Fern....

Last edited:
You can't help looking at this Alisson transfer and thinking, “Why is this so fucking easy for Liverpool, and we spent four or five months of daily and finally fruitless negotiations for our man?”. Well I can't, anyway.

You mean like it was with VVD and Fekir? The Alisson transfer has also been ongoing for quite some time.

We'd have got Jorginho if Sarri hadn't been going to Chelsea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.