Ilkay Gundogan - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be his first actual pre season since he's joined the club where he'll be fit. Excited to see what he can do this season. Don't think he's a #6, but he could definitely help take the load off Silva as an #8.
Take a load off Silva? I have seen nothing to indicate that he is capable of doing that?

Seriously?
Yep seriously. The gundog fans on here hang on to his one or two good performances he has a season and ignore the majority of games where he doesnt show up. One swallow doesn't make a summer. Gundog is way too slow in his vision and passing to replace the greatest player to have ever pulled on a blue shirt.

Yep seriously. The gundog fans on here hang on to his one or two good performances he has a season and ignore the majority of games where he doesnt show up. One swallow doesn't make a summer. Gundog is way too slow in his vision and passing to replace the greatest player to have ever pulled on a blue shirt.

First of all, the guy never said he'd be replacing David and was pointing out that having another fit player in his position will make us less dependent on him.

Secondly, the "gundog fans" are the ones with half a brain who can easily see he's an extremely talented player, even if he's not consistently produced his best form for us so far.

I haven't been on here much this year but it's nice to see some things never change. You don't think he's a decent player? Fine but you're wrong and there's nothing more to it than that.

First of all, the guy never said he'd be replacing David and was pointing out that having another fit player in his position will make us less dependent on him.

Secondly, the "gundog fans" are the ones with half a brain who can easily see he's an extremely talented player, even if he's not consistently produced his best form for us so far.

I haven't been on here much this year but it's nice to see some things never change. You don't think he's a decent player? Fine but you're wrong and there's nothing more to it than that.

Stop putting words in my mouth. He's a descent player but he is also by default our weakest and least effective midfielder simply because our midfield is so strong. How can he therefore take a load off Silva when he isn't capable of performing at his level. It staggers me that people rate this guy so highly when he isn't a patch on sterling Sane, let alone Kev or Silva. Bernado is also far more effective and takes the game to the opposition much more so than Gundog. Mahrez will do the same. Just tell me in your opinion where Gundog comes in our midfield creative and game changing players. Who does he come ahead of and why?

Stop putting words in my mouth. He's a descent player but he is also by default our weakest and least effective midfielder simply because our midfield is so strong. How can he therefore take a load off Silva when he isn't capable of performing at his level. It staggers me that people rate this guy so highly when he isn't a patch on sterling Sane, let alone Kev or Silva. Bernado is also far more effective and takes the game to the opposition much more so than Gundog. Mahrez will do the same. Just tell me in your opinion where Gundog comes in our midfield creative and game changing players. Who does he come ahead of and why?

Why on earth are you comparing Gundogan to all four of our wingers?

In our squad, Ilkay is behind David and Kevin and ahead of Phil. He's a backup to our two main midfielders and, although the quality of personnel may drop when he replaces either of those two, every club in our league would love to have him as a backup option. Do you know why? Because he's extremely talented.

You said David was the best player to wear a City shirt and it's pretty fucking obvious that Gundogan isn't going to top that. However, he filled in when David was having issues last season and did well.

I seriously have no idea why you've tried so hard to take issue with such a vanilla comment where someone has effectively stated that they're glad to have him as a squad player.

Didn’t he help take a load of Silva last season?

Got the feeling this guy is going to be immense this season new look injury free season under his belt am looking forward to watching play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.