Thiago Alcantara

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't not become interested when a player like Thiago becomes available, he's just something else in terms of talent. The biggest obstacle will be Barcelona as it seems they are very interested in him returning.

I agree in so far as a talent and what it would mean to many Barcelona fans. However, the current board (Same that sold him) cannot be relied upon to follow through and Segura has publicly been critical of purchasing Thiago - sooo, chances are not great for a return IMHO. Only hold out hope that the Rabiot talks break down completely

According to reports, he’s pushing for a return to Barcelona.

I’m not convinced he’s a player we particularly need, and he’s older than I thought.

If there’s money available to spend, I would prefer us to go for De Ligt or De Jong.

Thiago would be a great signing, great tecnique and can pass the ball around pretty well.

The folly of closing the window early in England is coming home to roost. We have seen Liverpool pay whatever the selling clubs request with apparent no counter offers. The European clubs have us by the balls as they know it will become more desperate as the window closes on the 9th. I don't really see City getting drawn into that as they like to see themselves as being well run , which I believe they are.

For that to change it will probably need player/agent making it clear they only want City and be prepared to reject all other offers

Sorry but that's just a load of bollocks!

Nothing you've mentioned there has anything to do with the date of the transfer window closing.

You are entitled to your opinion, that happens to be mine

Yeah, but your opinion is based on...nothing, and that deserves to be pointed out.

Italy's window closes the day after ours.

The only other team competing for Alisson's signature was Chelsea.

So every club involved in making this transfer had an early end to the transfer window. Liverpool were not at any disadvantage because of the Premier League transfer window, all that happened is a deal which might have happened on the 20th of August happened a month earlier.

A transfer saga that would have lasted 4 months only lasted 3 - where is the damage?

We sign this guy and our possession stats might even get closer to 100 per cent in games!

You do this deal if there is absolute certainty from both sides that it can be done in 48 hours.

He's a name, so Bayern would clearly trying to play clubs off against each other. I'm sure Pep won't be ringing Dr Fart for his professional medical opinion.

I'd be concerned if Liverpool tried to do that deal to make up for Fekir.

I'd try and do a loan deal for him. Bayern have James on loan so they have no good excuse, not that they need one, not to consider such an option.

Get him in on loan pronto then take time to haggle over a price for an option to buy.

Yeah, but your opinion is based on...nothing, and that deserves to be pointed out.

Italy's window closes the day after ours.

The only other team competing for Alisson's signature was Chelsea.

So every club involved in making this transfer had an early end to the transfer window. Liverpool were not at any disadvantage because of the Premier League transfer window, all that happened is a deal which might have happened on the 20th of August happened a month earlier.

A transfer saga that would have lasted 4 months only lasted 3 - where is the damage?
My reasoning is that selling clubs in Europe can afford to play the waiting game as they know the nearer it get the more desperate English clubs will get. You mentioned Chelsea, do you know for a fact they were seriously interested in buying Alisson? The Italian window closes 20th to be accurate 11 days after ours

If an Italian club is buying from another European team they may well see the same pressures applied to them...buongiorno

We sign this guy and our possession stats might even get closer to 100 per cent in games!

You do this deal if there is absolute certainty from both sides that it can be done in 48 hours.

He's a name, so Bayern would clearly trying to play clubs off against each other. I'm sure Pep won't be ringing Dr Fart for his professional medical opinion.

I'd be concerned if Liverpool tried to do that deal to make up for Fekir.
Have we any more surprises up our sleeves that we're pursuing tolm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.