Yesterday was great to watch. Sky are like a machine and I can see why non brits would get irritated by their dominance. However the Froome v Thomas dynamic adds a whole other element to the tour. It's always been a race within a race but there is so much going on now. At some point Froome will expect Thomas to help him up a big climb and he will be expected to race away at the finish, the question then will be will those orders change or would Thomas ignore them or even if he does follow the team rules he could just coast behind Froome on every stage finish and still take the GC as a 2nd rider.

Yesterday was great to watch. Sky are like a machine and I can see why non brits would get irritated by their dominance. However the Froome v Thomas dynamic adds a whole other element to the tour. It's always been a race within a race but there is so much going on now. At some point Froome will expect Thomas to help him up a big climb and he will be expected to race away at the finish, the question then will be will those orders change or would Thomas ignore them or even if he does follow the team rules he could just coast behind Froome on every stage finish and still take the GC as a 2nd rider.

I reckon sky will support them both as the teams 'main man' and let them go head to head if circumstances allow. Bit dissapointed with Yates yesterday as he'd been telling us that mountain stages would be when he makes a move on the Yellow.

I reckon sky will support them both as the teams 'main man' and let them go head to head if circumstances allow. Bit dissapointed with Yates yesterday as he'd been telling us that mountain stages would be when he makes a move on the Yellow.

Sky were on it yesterday and I don't think anyone can live with them when go strong. For everyone else it was a question of trying to keep with the sky group and Yates couldn't hack it. It was a survival day and maybe sky sprung it on them a bit. Moviestar asked some questions and they are right on Sky again today.

Great race today. Thomas looking strong and another great win. Booed and jeered again but he won't give a fuck.

Wonder whether Sky's team orders will change or Froome is just saving energy for the time being. I reckon Froome would do the work for Thomas if he realises he can't win it, still a ways to go yet. Either way just let them race for now.

Last edited:
It looked like there were given freedom to race at the end, not much they could have done for each other though,. Thomas had more gas than froome at the end. The question will be if he can keep it going as we know Froome can handle it day after day. I hope he does - much more likable.

That’s got be in the top 10 of stages I’ve seen. G was magnificent.

Barring accidents it should be a great 3 way fight to win the race between Thomas, Froome and Doumolin but we are only just over halfway through.

Great race today. Thomas looking strong and another great win. Booed and jeered again but he won't give a fuck.

Wonder whether Sky's team orders will change or Froome is just saving energy for the time being. I reckon Froome would do the work for Thomas if he realises he can't win it, still a ways to go yet. Either way just let them race for now.

Pisses me off that. As far as I am aware there has been no Brit "convicted" of doping on the Tour - certainly not in the modern era yet the French boo our guys like Richard Virenque and Christoph Moreau never fucking happened !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.