Thiago Alcantara

Status
Not open for further replies.
My reasoning is that selling clubs in Europe can afford to play the waiting game as they know the nearer it get the more desperate English clubs will get. You mentioned Chelsea, do you know for a fact they were seriously interested in buying Alisson? The Italian window closes 20th to be accurate 11 days after ours

If an Italian club is buying from another European team they may well see the same pressures applied to them...buongiorno

"They can afford to play the waiting game"

That doesnt mean anything.

If a club has the power to wait out a 6 week window they can wait out an 8 week one.

We need a player like him thts able to hold the ball under pressure, we don’t need to have a proper cdm as fernandhino can do that himself and 90% of the games we play we don’t require a devoted cdm if you get what I’m saying as we defend as a unit not specifically designated players but the window has thrown a bunch of surprises already I don’t doubt we’re going to be in for more surprises

As great as he is, his signing doesn't really make sense considering his strengths. We already have KDB, Silva, Gundo, Bernardo and Foden who all play in his best position.

We could shoehorn him into the number 6 role, where he has played before, but you may as well just utilise Gundo there if you're going to play someone out of position, as I don't think he would be significantly better than him there. Either sign a genuine DM/DLP, or don't sign anyone. We don't need another CM who can play there if needed.

Makes zero sense to be in for him when we have KDB, Silva, Gundogan and Bernardo that all operate in the same area as him, add to that potentially Foden too. I know Pep loves a creative midfielder but thats overkill even for him unless we were planning on shifting to some kind of 7 man midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.