General transfer rumours

Ederson was never the record fee for a keeper. The media decided to change the currency he was purchased in, in order to try and make it so.

He's (marginally) the record fee in £GBP, which being a British person supporting a British club discussing a transfer to said club and comparing it to another British club buying a player is the currency I'm going to go with.

If you're so insecure about him being the previous most expensive GK you need to go back to look up the conversion rate of Lira to Euro's to sterling circa 2001 to make him a few hundred thousand euros cheaper than Buffon, feel free.

Last edited:

Standard Sport

✔@standardsport

https://twitter.com/standardsport/status/1019891506063265792

1f91d.png
Chelsea to complete £44m Daniele Rugani deal as club prepare to hand defender five-year deal

270d.png
@sjstandardsport https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-to-complete-44m-daniele-rugani-transfer-as-club-hand-defender-fiveyear-deal-a3891111.html …

6:27 PM - Jul 19, 2018

19:32

'THIAGO WANTS BARCA RETURN'

Thiago Alcantara wants to return to Barcelona, according to AS.

The reported Manchester United transfer target has spent five trophy-laden years with Bayern Munich, but the 27-year-old has reportedly asked the Bundesliga club to grant his wish of returning to Barca.

Bayern are thought to be open to selling the Spain international.

That's a decent point, and I take it, but I think you've made an important point in the middle of it that somewhat contradicts your last prediction. Our squad, as you say, is top level from top to bottom. We have two world class players (and I don't use that term lightly) in midfield. Not one, but two. Although one of them is ageing, granted.And we've just got an extremely good forward who can create mayhem. I don't think, even with their additions, that Liverpool are even close to us over a 38-game contest. And I'll make a prediction: Salah will not have a season like last one. They'll be top four, I have little doubt of that. But we're just better, right across the board. No room for complacency, but Pep doesn't do complacency. We need that deep midfielder, but we've got cover for it for I think about one season, if we have to. We must get someone good by next summer, at the latest.
That's all well and good for this season...in this league...but our ambitions lie in conquering Europe. Winning the league but flopping in Europe is not an option any more. Getting that midfielder you talk of has to be done in this window.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.