Ilkay Gundogan - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo Gundogan struggles when pressed same as everyone else.

The games he's played 'well' in is where he hasn't been pressed very much at all.

He should be able to fill in for Fernandinho but imo the Gundogan we signed was a presser rather than a pressee & that's the player it would be nice to see again rather than non tackling version of Fernandinho or a watered down passing version of Jorginho.

Wahey! some common sense amongst the happy clappers!

You're obsessively slagging him off all over the thread. It's very obvious how you feel.

Think what you will, I call it how I see it my friend! Am i suposed to have exactly the same opinion as you? Clearly not on a chat forum! Bernado is a far better player and didn't get the chance he should have in the middle of the pitch due to the slow ineffective Gundogwan ahead of him.

Think what you will, I call it how I see it my friend! Am i suposed to have exactly the same opinion as you? Clearly not on a chat forum! Bernado is a far better player and didn't get the chance he should have in the middle of the pitch due to the slow ineffective Gundogwan ahead of him.
Bit unfair. Gundogan was neither slow nor ineffective for the most part when I saw him play. He had a few games where he wasn't at his best but he was a key contributor to our season. However, I did find it strange on Pep's part that Bernardo didn't get really any time at all centrally. I would have thought he would get more opportunities there regardless of Gundogan being available.

Another thread dissing a centurian,he is not dinho no-one is just different,we managed without dinho for about 5 games and gundy pulled his weight

Not sure if Gundogan or Guardiola
168de2b9971f1d21a208da5f2b403bf9.jpg

Where is Gundogan? Or more to the point, why isn't he with the squad?
Germany's last World Cup game was 4 weeks ago, and he didn't feature in that anyway, in fact he only played 60 mins throughout the whole tournament, hardly deserving of a longer than expected break. Or does he have some kind of injury??

Where is Gundogan? Or more to the point, why isn't he with the squad?
Germany's last World Cup game was 4 weeks ago, and he didn't feature in that anyway, in fact he only played 60 mins throughout the whole tournament, hardly deserving of a longer than expected break. Or does he have some kind of injury??

Perhaps given extra time off because he hardly took a break at all last summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.