Gareth Southgate

He has to be given a chance to show he can grow into the job and learn from his mistakes. He does seem to be a person who would admit when he gets something wrong and would try to adapt

But you know It’s inevitable that he will fail and the FA will yet again turn to a big name on a massive salary who will do no better

I've just posted on a another thread what many are stating on here,his decision making in that semi final completely baffled me and,to be blunt,fucked us over.
Had his in-game management been different,and it didn't need a tactical genius to see how......we would now be looking forward to a WC Final (and probably mauling by France!) and a deserved extension of the recent feel good factor this nation has experienced as a result of our progress in this competition.

Another false dawn IMO.

He has to be given a chance to show he can grow into the job and learn from his mistakes. He does seem to be a person who would admit when he gets something wrong and would try to adapt

But you know It’s inevitable that he will fail and the FA will yet again turn to a big name on a massive salary who will do no better
I really don't understand the logic here. Southgate took a team not really that good to a 4th place finish. Regarding a new manager, surely Southgate will be there through 2022 if not 2026. Who else would you care to see in that position?

Average manager trying to copy peps tactics with inferior players. We only played two decent teams Belgium and Croatia .the later being a country of only four million inhabitants...........and lost twice.
Don't buy the media brain wash. Proud fabulous etc etc.

Pricesly this...sack immediately.
This guy is goibg to set your football back 2 years of development.

Was a good run but his tactics in an eminently winnable semi final were astonishingly bad.

Will give us back some badly needed respectability but will not quite take us to a higher level

I really don't understand the logic here. Southgate took a team not really that good to a 4th place finish. Regarding a new manager, surely Southgate will be there through 2022 if not 2026. Who else would you care to see in that position?

I’m not really bothered either way.. just commenting that as soon as he gets a few bad results the FA will panic and pull the trigger cos they don’t seem to have any long term planning

He needs to sort out a PROPER fucking midfield.

The problem is, he doesn’t have one at present, as was proven during the World Cup.

Henderson isn’t, never was and never will be good enough for the pivot/DM rôle and at his age, I can’t see him improving. Alli and the weasel might improve, though at 25, time is running out for Lingard. I thought RLC looked good, but whether he will be able to make the progress to establish himself as an England regular, only time will tell.

Hopefully, there are some lads coming through the age levels, who will be good enough to step up to the required level. If a certain young man from Stockport continues his upward trajectory, he could well be in contention for the next World Cup squad. Ryan Sessegnon is another I’d like to see introduced to the national team for the next set of friendliest. Maybe in place of tom Daley at left wing-back.

The squad is young enough to improve and hopefully, it will.

When Southgate was given the job i thought the F.A. just put a "Yes" man in place , but he has proved me wrong , he did an excellent job getting the media and supporters onside , and he took a bunch of average players to a very respectable semi final place. But we have absolutely no midfield creativity , if we had a Gazza , Hoddle or Le Tissier type player in the ranks we would have a chance of winning the Euro's , Sterling is the nearest player we have to individual brilliance and he is being hounded at every opportunity by the Rag/Dipper media and supporters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.