Sterling’s contract - three year extension confirmed

glad the club are not being held to ransom, would make no sense at all to have Raheem on a 5 year contract worth 250k. He isn't worth 250k.

10% wage increase 4 or 5 year contract or sell next year. If we sold, we wouldn't get some of the dreamed up figures ive seen knocking about.

Its about time players realised playing for city is an honour, you get medals / trophies / best facilities in Europe and a hell of a manager !

I think it's in everyone's interest to get this sorted out before the season starts regardless of what the outcome is. Otherwise it'll be used as a stick to beat the club and player with.

I'd give him til Christmas. That gives everyone plenty of time to find a replacement or new club if it's not sorted out.

He wants to earn top level money, I'd just say, "This needs to be sorted out by Christmas, if you want KDB/Aguero money, then go out there and show us why you deserve it".

If he delivers, and is one of the best players in Europe in the first half of the season there's no problem paying him. If he doesn't, you give him a fair take it or leave it offer.

I've more than a sneaking suspicion he has always intended on moving abroad and following in Gareth Bale's footsteps tbh.

That's resale value though.

Not solely. PSG are going to be raking in millions from Mbappé becoming the anointed successor to Messi & Ronaldo after this world cup. Companies will be queuing out the door to give him commercial deals, club sponsors will demand he's front and center on every ad, and shirt sales will go through the roof.

A big world cup makes you a commercial giant. Becoming a commercial giant is why Ronaldo and Messi get paid as much as the rest of their teams combined.

Not solely. PSG are going to be raking in millions from Mbappé becoming the anointed successor to Messi & Ronaldo. Companies will be queuing out the door to give him commercial deals, club sponsors will demand he's front and center on every ad, and shirt sales will go through the roof.
As good a player Sterling is, he's not going to be in that league no matter what he did in Russia.

Depends on how much of a bumper contract he seeks, of course. The WC gamble didn't pan out like he hoped perhaps but certainly should be earning more than his current contract when compared to the rest of the squad. I just think, rightly so, Txiki et al have to avoid players regularly renegotiating their contracts on a year to year basis else it is unsustainable.

I think the path is quite clear on what will happen, Sterling & his camp will have to agree to improved terms but not to the extent he initially had hoped for while City will need to bend but not too much else suffer a cascade of others following suit. I think it's a sound approach and as some have commented, if Raheem balks then so be it - can't be held ransom by a player. Especially when you consider City owners are neither cheap nor fiscally irresponsible - they want to ensure a sustainable model

Don't know the player well enough but he's never going to have a better situation than the one he currently enjoys so my hunch is it will work out long before next summer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.