Sterling’s contract - three year extension confirmed

I'd give him til Christmas. That gives everyone plenty of time to find a replacement or new club if it's not sorted out.

He wants to earn top level money, I'd just say, "This needs to be sorted out by Christmas, if you want KDB/Aguero money, then go out there and show us why you deserve it".

If he delivers, and is one of the best players in Europe in the first half of the season there's no problem paying him. If he doesn't, you give him a fair take it or leave it offer.

See.that is a very fair point you make about giving it till Christmas,(see I don't seek arguments with every post),however what I am going to say next will no doubt get a snidey remark back to me but here goes.Only 1 word it is,but is the biggest one in this situation...

Mahrez

See.that is a very fair point you make about giving it till Christmas,(see I don't seek arguments with every post),however what I am going to say next will no doubt get a snidey remark back to me but here goes.Only 1 word it is,but is the biggest one in this situation...

Mahrez

Mahrez strengthens City's hand in any negotiation with Sterling.

If you're insinuating Mahrez is going to push him out of the team, he may well do but the same thing was said last summer when we signed Bernardo.

As good a player Sterling is, he's not going to be in that league no matter what he did in Russia.

Yeah, no shit.

He doesn't need to get all the way there. Being a star player for England is worth an absolute fortune, the English market is absolutely massive. Kane's probably doubled his income since becoming captain.

I think a few people on here think this process is a lot more adverserial than it actually is. Aside from overly dramatic language in how some of the press report it (probably because there's not really much of a story really), there's no evidence that anyone's trying to hold the club to ransom or that the club are taking an especially hard line stance. It's just how these things work. All of our players have agents who will try to secure the best deal for their clients. Both parties can still respect each other and be keen for a solution to be found, but it's also normal that each will try to find a solution that maximises their own outcome.

TBH, of all high profile players that have moved in recent years, I think Sterling actually came out of his move to us with some integrity. Most players sign a new deal to up their salary immediately and then force a move anyway. He didn't do that at Liverpool. He was up front, didn't take a quick pay rise and then try to leave. There's no evidence he's money grabbing or disloyal.

As has been mentioned several times, it's quite normal for a player to wait and see if they can push their stock any higher before they enter into a negotiation. Other players have done it, including ones in our current squad. In fact I'd say they'd been poorly advised if they didn't do that. He was brilliant for us last season and whilst he didn't do enough at the world cup to push his salary up to the highest level he was hoping for, his club form for us means a solution probably lies somewhere in the middle. If it isn't found, then fine, he'll be sold.

Also don't understand why so many people bang on about how much the club has stood by him. He hasn't done anything wrong during in his time with us that warranted us "standing by him". Sure he's been victimised by the press and other fans in that time, but i don't think that unfair treatment should be used against him by his own employers and fans now that we're negotiating a contract. City didn't buy Sterling as a favour to him. They got him because they thought he'd improve our squad and help us win things, which he has. He doesn't owe City any more or any less than any of our other players. It's great for him that City put faith in him and provided a platform to win things, but the same can be said of all of our other players too. I don't see why Sterling should be expected to be more grateful than any of the others. Stop holding him to a different standard to everyone else.

Yeah, no shit.

He doesn't need to get all the way there. Being a star player for England is worth an absolute fortune, the English market is absolutely massive. Kane's probably doubled his income since becoming captain.
It was you who made the analogy.

Mahrez strengthens City's hand in any negotiation with Sterling.

If you're insinuating Mahrez is going to push him out of the team, he may well do but the same thing was said last summer when we signed Bernardo.

Mahrez (club record fee) will spend more time on the pitch,than he will getting splinters in his arse,obviously if he hits the ground running,which I'm sure he will,he may take some dislodging from the side,but not only Sterling could be the one to suffer,I concur,but if negotiations are not sorted,well we have already seen how Guardiola can be like

Mahrez

Last season Sterling was one of the first names on the teamsheet and delivered every single time Pep needed him to. 4 or 5 last minute goals, what was it, 11 points earned from late goals? 25 goals and 20 assists. Pep credited his goal vs. Bournemouth as the thing which caused our amazing season to happen.

I know you have this fantasy of Mahrez coming in and benching Sterling so you never get offended by seeing him run again (there's your snidey remark), but Sané is going to be the one who needs to be much more concerned.

His performances are the ones which fluctuate up and down a lot more, he's not delivered in nearly as many situations as Sterling, and Mahrez's arrival no longer means he's the only natural left footer to put on that side. It was only March that Pep was talking about how much Sané needs to improve key areas of his game.

They'll likely all bring the best out of each other, but if they don't, Sterling's going to be starting as long as he performs like last season so he's go no reason to worry.

I believe Pep values Sterling greatly and is not linked at all to Mahrez. I am confident this will work out fine

City will sell him next summer if he doesn't sign before then and may also sell him, even if he doesn't.

Aguero successor money.

Agent has been a joke, but we can hardly complain on that score.

We certainly cant complain. Lets see what happens though.

Gona be exciting to see who we sign to replace Aguero. I think we will go for Kane.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.