Sterling’s contract - three year extension confirmed

I believe Pep values Sterling greatly and is not linked at all to Mahrez. I am confident this will work out fine

That he does, but it doesn't really matter how much Pep values Raheem at the end of the day.

It's purely a fiscal standpoint. On the one side, we have our club, who are concerned that an expensive asset is depreciating by the week, through no fault of their own.

We made a move five months ago to cover this base, so we are right to question the motives of his agent, Aidy Ward, who used exactly the same stalling tactics at Liverpool to manufacture what they wanted.

So you are comparing him to Messi and Mbappe.

FFS are you just deliberately being a clown? You can't possibly be so dense as to not follow that.

I'll try one more time.

Great world cup = Global exposure = Commercial power = money.

Mbappé just had a good world cup, he's going to get a lot more money from it.

Messi + Ronaldo are Commercial giants, which is how they justify their insane salaries.

Sterling having a great world cup would have increased his commercial value.

It is not that hard to see why Sterling's camp thought they would get more money out of a contract after a good world cup.

Last edited:
That he does, but it doesn't really matter how much Pep values Raheem at the end of the day.

It's purely a fiscal standpoint. On the one side, we have our club, who are concerned that an expensive asset is depreciating by the week, through no fault of their own.

We made a move five months ago to cover this base, so we are right to question the motives of his agent, Aidy Ward, who used exactly the same stalling tactics at Liverpool to manufacture what they wanted.

@domalino have you absorbed this ?

FFS are you just deliberately being a clown? You can't possibly be so dense as to not follow that.

I'll try one more time.

Great world cup = Global exposure = Commercial power = money.

Mbappé just had a good world cup, he's going to get a lot more money from it.

Messi + Ronaldo are Commercial giants, which is how they justify their insane salaries.

Sterling having a great world cup would have increased his commercial value.
No need for that. Your logic isn't great that's all. The world cup has nothing to do with anything. If It had, Wayne Rooney would've been getting 50p a week and a season pass to the Gilf Bunny Ranch.

No need for that. Your logic isn't great that's all. The world cup has nothing to do with anything. If It had, Wayne Rooney would've been getting 50p a week and a season pass to the Gilf Bunny Ranch.

Wayne Rooney being England's captain and poster boy - and the commercial power that gave hime - is the main reason he got such an insane contract out of United.

Last edited:
I'm just pointing out,you can talk about goals scored,created etc etc all day,but as we all have known if the agent is being a dick,there will only be 1 winner

City have absolutely no problem dealing with cu*ty agents. Yaya's barely out of the door and have you already forgotten the club negotiated 3 or 4 contracts with him? As long as the player is delivering on the pitch, the club will pay the money and work with the agent.

And that's what I've said all along, that he's not worth the money at the moment, but is presumably pushing the contract renewal back as far as possible so that he has a chance to earn that massive contract, either by having a great world cup or by backing up last season by solidifying his status as one of about 5 wingers in the world who regularly deliver the numbers he did last year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.