Sterling’s contract - three year extension confirmed

City will sell him next summer if he doesn't sign before then and may also sell him, even if he doesn't.

Aguero successor money.

Agent has been a joke, but we can hardly complain on that score.
Han on, I think there's a typo there, did you mean "even if he does"?
Are you saying he might be sold even if he did sign a new contract? In order to pay for an Aguero replacement?

No way. Jesus is our Aguero successor, and since when have we needed to sell our best players to raise funds?

A PR liability?

"Sorry Raheem, because you're unfairly singled out by the press, we're going to pay you less."

I wouldn’t expect him to take any less pay but it might move his sights from a big pay rise.

So do you seriously think Juve paid £100mil for Ronaldo purely for the couple years left he has in his legs

No way. Jesus is our Aguero successor, and since when have we needed to sell our best players to raise funds?

At a guess the FFP rules allow a loss of £90m in a year. The slight issue with replacing Aguero is he's running his contract down, so it's not like we're selling him in 2 years and using funds to replace him. They'll have to come from somewhere and the conveyor belt of youth being sold for decent amounts helps only a little bit. So we have to accept that despite our undoubted funds/resources, to keep the squad fresh, we'll have to sell players. Now for me Sterling or Gundogan or the highest value players we could cope with losing (Not saying they should go btw).

City have absolutely no problem dealing with cu*ty agents. Yaya's barely out of the door and have you already forgotten the club negotiated 3 or 4 contracts with him? As long as the player is delivering on the pitch, the club will pay the money and work with the agent.

And that's what I've said all along, that he's not worth the money at the moment, but is presumably pushing the contract renewal back as far as possible so that he has a chance to earn that massive contract, either by having a great world cup or by backing up last season by solidifying his status as one of about 5 wingers in the world who regularly deliver the numbers he did last year.

Thing is Dom, his performances for City, going forward, don't really come into the equation as such when contracts do get to this stage.

He knows, as do we, that he could not play for 12 months and he is still holding the blackmail cards, simply because of our original outlay and what he will only be worth to us in terms of a sale with only a year left.

He's a £100m asset to us as things currently stand - next summer - he can sit on his hands and know we won't get much more than our money back - using the threat of walking away for free or being able to talk to clubs on the continent in Jan 2020.

I wouldn’t expect him to take any less pay but it might move his sights from a big pay rise.

So do you seriously think Juve paid £100mil for Ronaldo purely for the couple years left he has in his legs

But how is Stelring a PR liability? I accept Ronaldo is seen as a PR coup. Not being a PR coup doesn't make you automatically a liability though. I think that's really harsh on him.

Han on, I think there's a typo there, did you mean "even if he does"?
Are you saying he might be sold even if he did sign a new contract? In order to pay for an Aguero replacement?

That's what I'm saying. We get Raheem to sign up and it could be the difference between generating an extra £50m from a possible sale.

Still think Pep would want another top forward to supplement Jesus in a couple years time.

Thing is Dom, his performances for City, going forward, don't really come into the equation as such when contracts do get to this stage.

He knows, as do we, that he could not play for 12 months and he is still holding the blackmail cards, simply because of our original outlay and what he will only be worth to us in terms of a sale with only a year left.

He's a £100m asset to us as things currently stand - next summer - he can sit on his hands and know we won't get much more than our money back - using the threat of walking away for free or being able to talk to clubs on the continent in Jan 2020.
Yeah, in theory he could do that, but You're assuming he doesn't want to stay. I just don't think it could get to that point. Would sterling really risk that at his prime?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.