Sterling’s contract - three year extension confirmed

At a guess the FFP rules allow a loss of £90m in a year. The slight issue with replacing Aguero is he's running his contract down, so it's not like we're selling him in 2 years and using funds to replace him. They'll have to come from somewhere and the conveyor belt of youth being sold for decent amounts helps only a little bit. So we have to accept that despite our undoubted funds/resources, to keep the squad fresh, we'll have to sell players. Now for me Sterling or Gundogan or the highest value players we could cope with losing (Not saying they should go btw).

Good post. Suppose we would find ourselves in a bit of a Liverpool situation if a top player suddenly thinks the grass is greener and can still realise £70m plus for any of our guys to replace with sufficient quality. For me, Mahrez is a steal in that regard.

As the squad stands, unless you sell crown jewels such as Sane or De Bruyne, which just ain't happening, you move to the next tier down and it's players such as Sterling who bring in the dough.

Getting no money for Sergio, like Yaya, could ultimately come back to bite us on the arse at some point in the future.

Mbappe turning us down twice was a killer :(

That's what I'm saying. We get Raheem to sign up and it could be the difference between generating an extra £50m from a possible sale.

Still think Pep would want another top forward to supplement Jesus in a couple years time.
Maybe but i can't see us selling raheem to finance it. We then have another weakness in the squad. Also, who would be interested that we would be willing to sell to? Real Madrid? Barcelona? I love sterling but he isn't gonna replace Messi, and Real are gonna want Mbappe, neymar, hazard, Kane etc.

Good post. Suppose we would find ourselves in a bit of a Liverpool situation if a top player suddenly thinks the grass is greener and can still realise £70m plus for any of our guys to replace with sufficient quality. For me, Mahrez is a steal in that regard.

As the squad stands, unless you sell crown jewels such as Sane or De Bruyne, which just ain't happening, you move to the next tier down and it's players such as Sterling who bring in the dough.

Getting no money for Sergio, like Yaya, could ultimately come back to bite us on the arse at some point in the future.

Mbappe turning us down twice was a killer :(
Would rather sell fringe players and use academy products in that case. Players like sterling win matches, we shouldn't be selling our best players. Period. If we need to raise funds, we could

Sell danilo and use maffeo.
Sell Delph and use Zinchenko.
Sell Otamendi and use Tosin.
Sell Gundogan and use Foden.

Those guys should be going before Sterling.

Hell, sell Aguero to atletico. You can't always get what you want.

Yeah, in theory he could do that, but You're assuming he doesn't want to stay. I just don't think it could get to that point. Would sterling really risk that at his prime?

He clearly trusts his agent, and why wouldn't he, after all? That guy has been asking for KDB money, which is a piss take.

Personally, I think Sterling and him have overplayed their hand - City are long past the stage of players doing us a favour - he either gets on board or they will yard him.

Another factor has to be the rough deal and scrutiny he gets over here. If you marry that with him winning the quad with City next season, he might feel there's nothing else he can achieve with us ;)

He clearly trusts his agent, and why wouldn't he, after all? That guy has been asking for KDB money, which is a piss take.

Personally, I think Sterling and him have overplayed their hand - City are long past the stage of players doing us a favour - he either gets on board or they will yard him.

Another factor has to be the rough deal and scrutiny he gets over here. If you marry that with him winning the quad with City next season, he might feel there's nothing else he can achieve with us ;)
I absolutely wouldn't take the dipper route if he did go, that's for sure. If he wins trophies galore and then fucks off away from the press, you have to tip your hat and wish him the best of luck.

I think Sterling would be wise to look at Sanchez's situation at the rags and decide whether or not to reign in his agent. But with Mahrez on board, as much as I love him, if sterling didn't want to stay I would be fine with it. Problem is, I think he does. Hopefully a compromise is reached and we don't lose a good player because both sides were determined to play hardball.

I remember you predicting it would get done eventually for stupid money a couple of months back. Sticking with that, or has the landscape changed? (In your observant opinion) :-)

I absolutely wouldn't take the dipper route if he did go, that's for sure. If he wins trophies galore and then fucks off away from the press, you have to tip your hat and wish him the best of luck.

I think Sterling would be wise to look at Sanchez's situation at the rags and decide whether or not to reign in his agent. But with Mahrez on board, as much as I love him, if sterling didn't want to stay I would be fine with it. Problem is, I think he does. Hopefully a compromise is reached and we don't lose a good player because both sides were determined to play hardball.

I remember you predicting it would get done eventually for stupid money a couple of months back. Sticking with that, or has the landscape changed? (In your observant opinion) :-)

Doesn't sound like City will bend much more. As for Sterling, like you, I wouldn't be crestfallen by a sale.

The truth lies probably somewhere in between at present.

He's a good player, whether he can become a great player, I'm not so sure still. Things seem to have gone full circle now, with plenty worried about having a dig at him and his performances?

I don't. Much as he gave England an option and we looked the far better for shape, I thought Raheem was pretty poor and was fortunate the other options for England are not up to his standard.

Perhaps we will get a sense of perspective and a comparison when he see Mahrez play, which can push both to higher levels.

Put it this way, if it's the final moments in a Champions League final and you're asking me who I would want out of both to win us the trophy...

How do people " know " what he is asking for ?

If you know , it must be a leak from either the player, club, or agent.

Either that, or more likely, people presume, or like to play the guessing game.

I do agree with the club policy of not letting contracts run down. I think he either signs a negotiated deal or he is "for sale", a stand off between the club and player is always the worst outcome.

How do people " know " what he is asking for ?

If you know , it must be a leak from either the player, club, or agent.

Either that, or more likely, people presume, or like to play the guessing game.

I do agree with the club policy of not letting contracts run down. I think he either signs a negotiated deal or he is "for sale", a stand off between the club and player is always the worst outcome.

Ward has been commenting off record for months.

The threat to sell him next summer is presently coming out of America apparently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.