Shame how a decent british rider is going to have to bow out of the way so that dodgy broom can have his moonwalk moment again and pretend that he doesnt live in the shadow of wiggins, until he loses at the olympics yet again

'Shadow'? Froome is unquestionably better than Wiggins ever was.

The hatred has been well and truly stoked up by the French Media, the ASO and the new UCI president,

Indeed. Lappartient has clearly shown he is not capable of leading the UCI. Not once has he displayed he capability to do his job effectively. Not sure about how much we can blame ASO.

'Shadow'? Froome is unquestionably better than Wiggins ever was.

Not really. Gold trumps bronze and just because you've been nannied to a yellow jersey 4 times instead of once doesn't make up for it. Plus when you start taking the moral high ground and pontificating about conduct because you were bitter about being in their shadow, only to be exposed and then conveniently excused so you could be take the jersey again off a more deserving bloke, it rubs people the wrong way.

Indeed. Lappartient has clearly shown he is not capable of leading the UCI. Not once has he displayed he capability to do his job effectively. Not sure about how much we can blame ASO.

The ASO threatened to not invite Froome even though at the time he had not been found guilty of a single thing, the UCI dragged its feet with the whole thing to try and force the situation add in Hinault and his attitude then you get what we have at the moment, the French are being small minded and petty I saw one fat snail eater try to punch Froome yesterday, I mean dislike or boo someone but fucking violence to a sportsman for just plying his trade better than any French rider is pathetic.

Not really. Gold trumps bronze and just because you've been nannied to a yellow jersey 4 times instead of once doesn't make up for it. Plus when you start taking the moral high ground and pontificating about conduct because you were bitter about being in their shadow, only to be exposed and then conveniently excused so you could be take the jersey again off a more deserving bloke, it rubs people the wrong way.

Moral high ground and Wiggins are not comfortable bed partners.

Wiggins: I have never injected anything into my body

Fact: He took at TUE which required a needle and what was injected would have improved his performance.

In.2012, Froome was better than Wiggins and more deserving. He towed Wiggins around France.

Wiggins response: Errr...but....errr

What are you going on about re 'gold and bronze' (the 2012 Olympic Time Trial?) and 'nannied'?

On the road, Wiggins is nowhere near. To compare them us laughable. 4x TDF, plus Vuelta and Giro, as well as three consecutive GTs, possibly four, is outstanding.

The ASO threatened to not invite Froome even though at the time he had not been found guilty of a single thing, the UCI dragged its feet with the whole thing to try and force the situation add in Hinault and his attitude then you get what we have at the moment, the French are being small minded and petty I saw one fat snail eater try to punch Froome yesterday, I mean dislike or boo someone but fucking violence to a sportsman for just plying his trade better than any French rider is pathetic.

I thought Hinault is no longer involved with ASO. The last role he had was comparable to a podium girl but instead he wore beige chinos and a light blue shirt. Pretty sure that is now Tommy Voeckler's role.

The whole ASO/UCI to-me-to-you thing was political. We cannot be sure what went on there.

Completely agree with your point re the behaviour of the fans.

Fact: He took at TUE which required a needle and what was injected would have improved his performance.

In.2012, Froome was better than Wiggins and more deserving. He towed Wiggins around France.

What are you going on about re 'gold and bronze' (the 2012 Olympic Time Trial?) and 'nannied'?

On the road, Wiggins is nowhere near. To compare them us laughable. 4x TDF, plus Vuelta and Giro, as well as three consecutive GTs, possibly four, is outstanding.

Wiggins gets a free pass on a lot of things because he is "Wiggo" personally I think he was one of the most stylish riders out there who put his body through the wringer to get down to the weight and power output to mix it in the hills, he actually deserved to win the tour the year before as he wa in far better form but he crashed out but imo would have destroyed Cadel Evans as the tour unfolded, the year he won he did enough and had the help of a strong right hand man, his attitude in withholding Froome his share of the prize money fucking stank and was not called for. Froome on the other hand has seen off Porte and Landa et al as riders who thought they were better, he attacks uphill and down dale and bar being the stylist Wiggins was batters him in every single thing in road race craft.

No, froome claimed the moral high ground and now looks foolish, especially for a bronze medallist

No, froome claimed the moral high ground and now looks foolish, especially for a bronze medallist
Why is the Olympics more important? Froome has proved himself over numerous grand tours. Wiggins gold was in a one off time trial. A fine achievement but in no way comparable.
You do know that Froome’s case related to an adverse analytical finding (since discredited) rather than a failed drugs test? I am sure that you do but it reads like you don’t.

Why is the Olympics more important? Froome has proved himself over numerous grand tours. Wiggins gold was in a one off time trial. A fine achievement but in no way comparable.
You do know that Froome’s case related to an adverse analytical finding (since discredited) rather than a failed drugs test? I am sure that you do but it reads like you don’t.

Olympics is far more impressive, one off on your own rather than being nannied and helped through a team event where everyone else sacrifices themselves just so you can be great at the end and take the kudos. Olympocs on his own and he couldnt deliver, wiggins could and also won at froome's game.

If froome wants any kudos or credit back he should help thomas win this tour and keep himself out of the spotlight and be a team player rather than bringing negative attention like he has been doing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.