Freeview TV reception issues

Prestwich_Blue

I live on a communal development so we have one aerial serving all the houses in my block. Since I moved in I've struggled to get any of the channels on the PBS3 multiplex, which include the HD channels for BB!/2/ITV/CH4 and Channel 5, plus BBC News HD. Sometimes I can pick them up but the signal strength is awful and it drops out constantly and sometimes a re-tune doesn't pick them up at all.

There's another multiplex, COM7 that I just can't get the channels at all. This is with either with the aerial into my BT YouView box or straight into the TV.

The most obvious solution would be a faulty aerial but the property management company have said they haven't had any other complaints like this so it's probably down to something peculiar to me. I've done all the usual things - re-tuning, unplugging, resetting, etc - but nothing works.

Could it be a poor cable or can anyone suggest another reason?

Last edited:
Was just about to type 'new cable' when I read your last paragraph. Give it a go. If not that, then look inside the box on the wall the cable plugs into. Maybe a loose connection.

TV aerial guy told me many moons ago that 90% of the problems he "fixed" were just bad / loose connections so my advice would be check EVERYTHING in your house now - make sure all connections that should be made are sound - if they are then it should be something external. I have followed that advice and usually fix any issues just by pressing connections together only to find picture flicking back up on the screen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.