Who now then?...

Aleix Garcia and Gomes.
Definitely liked the look of Aleix Garcia maybe 2 years ago? , but his loan to Girona seems to have stalled his development, I think he has now a second year agreed , but I think he is worth a chance if possible..... re Gomes ...great if he works out, have you seen much of him?

Definitely liked the look of Aleix Garcia maybe 2 years ago? , but his loan to Girona seems to have stalled his development, I think he has now a second year agreed , but I think he is worth a chance if possible..... re Gomes ...great if he works out, have you seen much of him?
Seen fuck all of Gomes tbh. They'll be back up to both Dinho and Gundogan so it's not a major issue. Think Aleix will be a lot better in our team than Girona's.

Yeah , no argument , if Pep thinks either are good enough he is the leading authority on the role.. I am concerned re Gundogan as a replacement for Dinho ... Gundo not a tackler or header of the ball which Dinho is THE expert!

Yeah , no argument , if Pep thinks either are good enough he is the leading authority on the role.. I am concerned re Gundogan as a replacement for Dinho ... Gundo not a tackler or header of the ball which Dinho is THE expert!
Jorginho wouldn't strike you as a tackler or header of the ball though. Gundogan makes a lot of interceptions and he's better on the ball, see his games against Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal last season. I actually think he's better in that role than higher up.

Alot will be available at the right price.

The risk with Fernandinho is his age. His legs will go at some point and that’s why we need to have quality cover for this season and so that the next signing can then get used to Peps style for the next season and one after when Dinho may not be at his peak any longer.

We have hardly spent anything so another £60m or so should net someone decent. Who that is remains to be seen.
If dhino is managed correctly and rested in games where we can manage without him, I think he will be OK this season

If dhino is managed correctly and rested in games where we can manage without him, I think he will be OK this season
Agreed, I would like to think Dinho has at least one more season at his peak. However, I will be worried if he gets a long term injury.

So, who could this mysterious potential signing for cover be?

Someone like a Demichelis 1 year deal on the cheap? Hard to see us trying for a more long term type of player at this point.

Hard to think of who would make sense.

Lemina would cost too much, surely.

So, who could this mysterious potential signing for cover be?

Someone like a Demichelis 1 year deal on the cheap? Hard to see us trying for a more long term type of player at this point.

Hard to think of who would make sense.

Lemina would cost too much, surely.
Demichelis...? Never go back.

If Delph were to be played inDM role then DeBruyne would possibly play a little deeper. With Dave, Mahrez, Sane, Stirling etc. (not all at the same time obviously) and Sergio / Jesus upfront there may well be more pass options than ever, or more opportunity to run and pass in better positions as anything from last season is off the table for all the teams avidly watching videos of kdb play last season.
(Drag them up the field a bit more and we have more room OR KDB has had a few more touches of the ball and gone into a position from which the killer pass will be made just a little earlier and more easily).

I would like to see us go in for Arturo Vidal if it's a short term signing. Ticks all the important boxes and with his style he should slot into the premier league seamlessly. However, there were rumours around at one point that Mourinho might offer 50M for him, which would be insane for a 31 yr old. If he were available for maybe 25M and willing to accept a 2 or 3 year deal he'd be the one for me in terms of short-term signings. Bayern apparently want to offload him, Thiago and Boateng. Boateng looks finished and already had his shot here. Thiago is a bit of a sick note but maybe worth a dabble for the right price given his age and relationship with Guardiola.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.