Match Thread | Manchester City vs Burussia Dortmund (21/07/18 @ 2am)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never seen Zinchenko and Brahim play so poor. Garcia has looked great even though he has made a couple risky passes. Douglas Luiz looks to have improved a little bit since his loan. Harrison impressed me

I think one of the reasons we're struggling is that we don't have any experience in the middle of the pitch to just make everything slow down for a second when we have possession and let us build up a proper attack. Instead we've been drawn into a back and forth match and they're better at it than us.

Luiz has done some good things but isn't going to control the game, Foden's barely touched the ball in the last 20 mins, Diaz is only getting touches when he goes out wide, the CB's aren't building up play like usual - maybe Laporte would solve a lot of our issues.

Things did look better towards the end of the half. Early days yet.

Posted in the wrong thread so

Bolton, Harrison, Denayer, Garcia, Foden very good, I'd put Douglas Luiz in there but for the stupid mistake for the penalty. Diaz anonymous, Nmecha not getting service, Zinchenko poor but playing a strange role, nearly the holding midfielder when we have the ball.

Overall pleased with the performance even though they're losing, great tempo to the game for a friendly. That'll probably disappear once the subs start.

Be nice to see us get Mahrez on the ball more.

Bit disappointed with Diaz so far, getting bullied off the ball too easily. But it is our first 45mins with hardly any first team players on the pitch vs a reasonably strong Dortmund and we have done OK. Let's hope we get a goal in the second half.

I don’t think Zinchenko is playing that bad. He’s had good moments and awful moments.

To be fair to him he’s gets into the thick of thing more than most others. Maybe he simply shouldn’t be dropping back at all? ( Did I really say that not tracking back was a good thing????)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.