Sterling’s contract - three year extension confirmed

Speaking of which, what is it lately with players in their prime torching promising careers by going to play in China. I understand older players going there to get a final payday. We've seen Hulk, Oscar, Carrasco to name a few. Players good enough to get a payday anywhere in Europe. Maybe not as much as in China, but even given a footballer players short career, enough to live comfortably on. Surely at some point you've got enough in the bank or enough coming your waythat money is not the sole motivating factor. What about leaving a legacy for the sport or for a club? I don't know maybe I'm just a naive romantic but I'd like to think at some point you are earning enough or can earn enough that your thoughts turn to other things.

The money is insane out there and they're the types of players who can't quite make a brand for themselves playing in Europe and I assume have been sold on the China market being the biggest untapped gold mine and they could be the main attraction out there. I do feel, sporting wise, they'll look back on it negatively but money wise, they'll never regret it haha

The money is insane out there and they're the types of players who can't quite make a brand for themselves playing in Europe and I assume have been sold on the China market being the biggest untapped gold mine and they could be the main attraction out there. I do feel, sporting wise, they'll look back on it negatively but money wise, they'll never regret it haha
Yeah probably true.
I guess the one that got to me was Yannick Carrasco. There seemed to be a really good youbg player developing there, then there were a few rumbles of attitude problems then suddenly he is off to China. Really thought he coulda made it at a top team in Europe, arguably he already was making it at Atletico. But I guess if the rumoured attitude problems were about hunger, motivation and workrate then maybe that's why China was the place for him.

I'd say 75%

I’d put it higher. I don’t see many other teams either here or in Europe getting what we get out of Raheem with Pep at the helm. Since he’s more valuable to us than to anyone else it makes sense that nobody else would pay him what we will. I just can’t see Arsenal, or PSG, or any of the Spanish teams paying RS more than we will.

Agree 100% that he's not at the level of our top earners at the moment but not surprised his agent is going in as high as he can, hopefully a middle ground can be reached.
Honestly not arsed either way. If he thinks there s a better place, or coach, than at City, good luck to him. He is wrong. Pep has coddled him, helped him, and continues to give him the confidence to be calm. He won’t get that anywhere else, and City won’t make much money if they feel the need to move him in due to intransigence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.