City vs Dortmund (Friendly) Post Match Thread

Hmmm....some people seem to be divvying up careers from 2/3 - 1 game on an American football field amongst players who have NEVER EVER played together at their own age group, let alone against a Bundesliga team at least one week and onengame ahead of them.

Seriously? This was a training game that will have allowed Pep to see a few fringe players and give some greater experience to players that will never see a first team squad.

It was decent run out that we bossed early on. After BD got into their stride, they had a few combinations that cut us apart and got in behind. However, it highlighted some players that will definitely get a closer look in preseason and may even elevate themselves into the First Team squad this season or next.

Nmecha is a big strong lad that I would like to see play with the first team. He is prolific at his current level, but 5 mins here and there with the first team doesn’t help him. He needs a game or three to see if he’s got it or not, or is a “nearly or never” City first team player.

Garcia looked silky and well schooled, which is no surprise. Give him another season of growth and development and he may well save us a bundle on a Vinny or Nic replacement.

Mahrez? Well, he got 70 mins in his legs. Sané? Wouldn’t get in the Germany team on his cameo, but there were a few flashes that showed he’s warming up to the season.

Zinchenko had a nightmare. Sorry, mate, as I like you!

If we had got the (very bad) call on the non-offside, non-penalty, non-red card incident against Nmecha, it might have livened the game up as both teams went for the win, but the longer the game went, the more it looked like a second goal for BD rather than a first for us.

Saw absolutely nothing to worry about AT ALL, but saw a few young players who look like they may cut the mustard, which is, after all, what this was all about.

The Future is Blue...and we saw some of it tonight!

Whole exercise seemed a little pointless considering how few first team players or even players legitimately pushing for a place on the first team were available. Guess it's a decent run out for those that were back in training and a good chance to see a few fringe/youth/loanee players in action as well as put a few in the shop window. Doesn't really serve the purpose of preparing the team for the premier league when virtually none of those players are available though. I really really hope the world cup doesn't disrupt our start to the season too badly.

I thought the number of City fans was impressive, it surprised me some. We’ll be outnumbered in New York. Friends and I are hoping our car isn’t bricked on our way into the parking lot.
Plus they’ll be goading you with, “we’re gonna win the league, we’re gonna win the league” before the match!

Whole exercise seemed a little pointless considering how few first team players or even players legitimately pushing for a place on the first team were available. Guess it's a decent run out for those that were back in training and a good chance to see a few fringe/youth/loanee players in action as well as put a few in the shop window. Doesn't really serve the purpose of preparing the team for the premier league when virtually none of those players are available though. I really really hope the world cup doesn't disrupt our start to the season too badly.
Have to agree, more commercially & PR appealing for sponsors et al rather than preparing for this season

I thought it was a decent run-out, considering the lack of first-team experience in the side.

Luke Bolton had a good game, as did Foden, who showed his class with some lovely through balls, and Harrison looked lively.

One cracking save from Joe, and it was good to see Cam Humphries back in a Blue shirt.

Missed the game but sounds in the match day thread & this one that Dortmund were very physical & the officials were shite...so just like a proper game in that respect.

As long as nobody is injured then will be a good toughening up for our younger lads.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.