Joe Hart - thank you and good luck

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't watched it, if he's finally grown up enough to start listening to the manager and adapting his game a little then it can only be a positive in terms of getting a move elsewhere.

Haven't watched it, if he's finally grown up enough to start listening to the manager and adapting his game a little then it can only be a positive in terms of getting a move elsewhere.
That suggests the manager has tactics and wants the keeper to play out a certain way. And yet..... people can’t see that perhaps other previous managers may have had different tactics and maybe didn’t want us to play out from the back as much?? He may not be as good as Ederson at playing out from the back but when people say he can’t play the Pep way because he didn’t play that way before when a team had different tactics is plane daft

That suggests the manager has tactics and wants the keeper to play out a certain way. And yet..... people can’t see that perhaps other previous managers may have had different tactics and maybe didn’t want us to play out from the back as much?? He may not be as good as Ederson at playing out from the back but when people say he can’t play the Pep way because he didn’t play that way before when a team had different tactics is plane daft

Very true but there’s more than a suggestion that he challenged Pep on his arrival rather than say “I’ll adapt to your way, boss”. Pep doesn’t like that.

Equally important, though, his form had subsequently dipped to a level that would make rehabilitation an uphill struggle.

I’d love to see him overcome those obstacles but doubt it will happen.

Joe cannot play the way that Pep wants because he is not confident with the ball at his feet, it’s nothing to do with past managers tactics. Joe and most English GKs were coached as kids to kick the ball long once the back pass was outlawed. I would also venture to suggest that Joe isn’t even good at throwing the ball out. Simply his distribution is very poor as Pep says the quicker it leaves you the quicker it comes back.

Joe cannot play the way that Pep wants because he is not confident with the ball at his feet, it’s nothing to do with past managers tactics. Joe and most English GKs were coached as kids to kick the ball long once the back pass was outlawed. I would also venture to suggest that Joe isn’t even good at throwing the ball out. Simply his distribution is very poor as Pep says the quicker it leaves you the quicker it comes back.

Unfortunately he isn’t good at much nowadays. Not many teams are knocking down the door in the rush to sign him which says it all. Shame for him but his time at the top is up.

Can't really do much with kids in front of you that don't play together,he did his best,hopefully someone will come in for him and it'll all be over

Couldnt agree more , the save he made was top drawer , but his career has nose dived since he left for Torino , and after what he did for our club for the best part of a decade i sincerely hope he gets the right move and gets his England squad place back , at 31 he is a mere pup in goalkeeping terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.