Miralem Pjanic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully the level of complacency on these forums is not reflective of the feeling in the team. So many people saying just because we won it easily with 100 pts last year, we'll just go ahead and do the same this year. Every season we all start at 0 and regardless of what we did last season and how we look on paper we still gotta go out and perform in the actual games.

Germany learned that at the world cup and hopefully it's a lesson to us. They had no major disruptions in their preparations, they were stacked with talent, people were saying there 3rd team was better than most of their competitors first teams. I think they arrived in Russia just expecting to win. Hopefully our squad is mentally stronger and hungrier than that. Hopefully our management is still stronger than that and will take measures in the transfer market to address obvious weaknesses in the squad and deficiencies that cost us in the champions league. You don't go from needing a player on the level of Jorginho to being able to make do with what you have. Definitely not saying Pjanic is the right answer, but we are short a player in central/defensive midfield to compete on 4 fronts. That's why we were in so early for Jorginho. Missing out in him hasn't changed that. The club identified an issue, they missed out on 1 solution, the issue still exists.

Good player.... but I just don't know where he will play. Yes having lots of depth is good, but you don't spend 60/70 or even 100million on a player and have them not be the regular starter. I just don't see him as upgrade to Merlin or KDB and he isn't defensive enough to play for fern. Doesn't make sense to me.

Neither was Jorginho

With that said, Pjanic is probably even less defensively able than Jorginho.

Having seen us not land Jorginho, linking us to Pjanic smells like obvious opportunism by Pjanic's agent to improve his Juve contract

This is my concern.. Complacency. So many teams win the Premier then do jack shit in the off season assuming all of those players that were in form last season will stay on form. What if one gets an injury.. Or has something personal happen that throws them off their game.. Then we are screwed. Its time to push on, not be complacent.

Can you explain fully why we are being complacent?

I get the impression that we could buy everyone and you and others would still flap - get a grip ffs

Headline coming soon

Breaking : Juventus Football Club are happy to announce that
Miralem Pjanic has signed a new contract that will keep him at the club till 2022.

Can you explain fully why we are being complacent?

I get the impression that we could buy everyone and you and others would still flap - get a grip ffs
Flapping? You may have jumped the gun there just stating historically clubs that have been complacent after a winning season tend to have a weaker f/up season. We can't buy everyone I know and I am not expecting that.. Just no back up for fern is a risk.. I am allowed to make a comment without you getting emotional and stating I am flapping aren't I?

Headline coming soon

Breaking : Juventus Football Club are happy to announce that
Miralem Pjanic has signed a new contract that will keep him at the club till 2022.

Maybe that’s the case and then we buy Betancur from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.