City borrow money from Barclays against TV revenue - any cause for concern?

As ag93:20 said, it'll be separate investment.

The sheik can invest all he likes but I'd imagine, at some point, he's going to want to be doing the opposite.

Getting us to this point ensures he can take some profit moving forwards

Remember we have great people looking after us. We are a rapidly expanding business and will be increasing revenue YOY.

We are here to stay (for any lurking rags)
Not even sure he cares about profit from the club mate, I think he's always had us down as a net worth centre. The other investments in Manchester will be the profit centres, boosted by the club.

Not even sure he cares about profit from the club mate, I think he's always had us down as a net worth centre. The other investments in Manchester will be the profit centres, boosted by the club.

Yep.

He's not a bad lad is he.

It's nothing we haven't done before.

It's an extended overdraft facility at preferential rates for essentially running the club throughout the year.

It's not £150m, either. It's simply a charge set against TV money if we default (it gets settled well in advance)

Has it happened since the takeover?

Has it happened since the takeover?
Don't think so, but this is probably the first time we've gone to a normal cash position (profitable the last few years but some heavy capital expenditure).

If the Sheikh wants us to be self sufficient, we can't be running cap in hand for a loan every time we're low on cash.

I do think this is a very strange move on the part of the club.

Given that we weren't as cash generative in the early years of our development under Sheikh Mansour and this up front cash injection hasn't been required previously you do have to question 'why now'?

Given Sheikh Mansour could very easily provide this cash (as must have been done previously) why do we now need a bank facility?

It would seem to me that this indicates a lack of appetite/willingness from the Sheikh to fund the club any further and that from now on the club must generate and operate within it's means. In one sense, that's fine as the Sheikh has done an immense job of building the club up such that this is possible. In another, is it a slightly worrying indication that the Sheikh is losing interest?

Why take what must be an interest bearing loan from Barclays when Sheikh Mansour could have provided this loan for free?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.