Players who might improve us

Good job we have Delph as well then.
Still risky for a club that aims to win the UCL next season if you ask me. Even with Jorginho there's some risk and this was a player Pep considered very key. I just think that if we are unable to get that same skillset, it wouldn't really hurt if we found a short term solution that can do a very good job, has got maturity and experience, would take some burden off Fern, would cost less, someone who himself is no slouch in the more technical aspects, etc.

Steven ticks many of these boxes.

Always better to have more quality in the team than less of it.

Mentioned him in a couple of threads so may as well throw my 2 cents here in the appropriate thread.

Arturo Vidal.
31 yrs old so it would be a short term signing (3 yr contract?). Has the technical ability to play peps system as a no.6 or no.8 but is also extremely physical, a great tackler, immense stamina and is just all action. His style is tailor made for the premier league. Would be a great stop gap between Fernandinho and the next young signing to come through as a great passing no.6 since we can't seem to identify the right young target at the moment.
Word is he is now considered surplus at Bayern so considering his age we could get a relatively cheap deal for a proven champions league performer who has worked with Pep before, whose style suits our league but who has genuine technical quality as well. Not every player we sign needs to be 22 yrs old, if the right deal can be done for a senior experienced player who can play a role that will improve the team. In the absence of Pep really committing to a good younger alternative I think Vidal would definitely bolster our midfield for a champions league challenge over the next couple of years if we could do a deal for a fair price. My preference would be Pjanic or Brozovic but Vidal could add something to the squad in the short term if other targets are out of reach, injury prone or lack the requisite qualities that Pep is looking for.

Not one for this summer, but I really like the look of Ainsley Maitland-Niles at Arsenal. Wenger was just bringing him into the first team last season and if Emery goes with him I could see him kicking on this season and being worth looking at in a year or two.

He's fast, technically very good, seems to be a quick learner and a really versatile player too, he's played LB, RB, CM and even on the wing. Loves a tackle, good passing ability and has a decent shot too when he's further forwards.

Plus hasn't it been way too long since we took a player of Arsenal? They've got no one to boo in our squad now Kolo, Adebayor, Clichy, Nasri & Sagna have gone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.