Miralem Pjanic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where there's a will & a plan, there'll be a way.

As I've just said, hopefully our academy will soon start to provide a few answers with either players already here, or buy back options who've left.

Whatever is going on now is nothing compared to trying to replace Yaya, Kompany, Silva, Aguero & Dinho over the next 2-4 years. That is gonna be our real test.
We are already in the process of replacing those players, Yaya hardly played last season, Kompany is playing less and less Laporte and Stones are the future, Silva will slowly be repaced by Bernardo and maybe Foden. Hopefully Aguero will be be replaced either by Jesus or we will buy.
Obviously as these players take over we'll need to buy new squad players, but to think we aren't looking ahead and evolving the squad as we go is absurd.

We are already in the process of replacing those players, Yaya hardly played last season, Kompany is playing less and less Laporte and Stones are the future, Silva will slowly be repaced by Bernardo and maybe Foden. Hopefully Aguero will be be replaced either by Jesus or we will buy.
Obviously as these players take over we'll need to buy new squad players, but to think we aren't looking ahead and evolving the squad as we go is absurd.
Our squad will evolve & of course there is a plan, who said there wasn't?

True, which is why we shouldn't/can't leave anything to chance....

We've got a long, hard & more competitive season ahead of us. Chelsea & Arsenal will have the new manager bounce. Liverpool & spent a wedge & will be buoyed by reaching the CL final. Moureen will be desperate to win the title to jeep his aura alive, & Spuds will have a renewed sense of purpose with 62000 fans behind them at home.

Next season isn't gonna be the cakewalk some think it will be....
Chelsea have Quite a rebuilding job to do & looks like Hazard & Willian could be on their way
Arsenal will need a few years to get the lazy arsed players out of the club & adjust to a new way of playing
Liverpool will need time to integrate a new set of players some of whom might struggle to adjust to the premier league.
Utd were shite last year & were lucky in an awfull lot of matches ,some players are not happy & they’ve signed Fred
Spurs best players will finally realise they’re going nowhere wth them & will be looking for a way out , the manager might also.
Yes it’s going to be tough lol.

Whatever is going on now is nothing compared to trying to replace Yaya, Kompany, Silva, Aguero & Dinho over the next 2-4 years. That is gonna be our real test.

Our squad will evolve & of course there is a plan, who said there wasn't?

Your saying we have to replace 5 players is going to be a test ,if all goes to plan at least 3 of those replacements are already with us. Yaya was doing no more than blocking a squad place last season.

Chelsea have Quite a rebuilding job to do & looks like Hazard & Willian could be on their way
Arsenal will need a few years to get the lazy arsed players out of the club & adjust to a new way of playing
Liverpool will need time to integrate a new set of players some of whom might struggle to adjust to the premier league.
Utd were shite last year & were lucky in an awfull lot of matches ,some players are not happy & they’ve signed Fred
Spurs best players will finally realise they’re going nowhere wth them & will be looking for a way out , the manager might also.
Yes it’s going to be tough lol.

This is where we're at imo. If we're going to integrate a player into a system that's taken our players a long time to adapt to. Rather than spending daft money for Kovacic or, I hate to say it, Pjanic, we're better off with what we've got.
This season in particular, with other clubs going large, consistency and a knowledge of our play, will be our strength I believe. And so does Pep.

I agree completely, however we’ve only spent £60mil (not taking into account outgoings) and consequently it’s pretty obvious that hypothetically upgrading the squad by shifting out Zinchenko and replacing him with Pjanic or Kovacic would make complete sense - even if it was Pjanic at circa £80mil I’d guesstimate that our nett spend would be in the region of £80mil for the window which is fuck all.
Yeah totally agree. Just don’t think it’s the disaster some are making out if we don’t do anything else.

True, which is why we shouldn't/can't leave anything to chance....

We've got a long, hard & more competitive season ahead of us. Chelsea & Arsenal will have the new manager bounce. Liverpool & spent a wedge & will be buoyed by reaching the CL final. Moureen will be desperate to win the title to jeep his aura alive, & Spuds will have a renewed sense of purpose with 62000 fans behind them at home.

Next season isn't gonna be the cakewalk some think it will be....
As a matter of interest, just how many trophies do we need to win, next season, for you to consider it a “successful one?”

If anything other than winning the quadruple is total failure, in your eyes, then be prepared for a very poor campaign, ‘cos it just ain’t happening.

Furthermore, I don’t think many City fans are greedy, or daft, enough to expect it to be a “cakewalk” either.

If, by playing a similar brand of football to last season, we lose a few more games, but still manage to
retain the league title by just 1 point, (wining nothing else this year), I for one, will be more than happy to settle for that.

Last edited:
OK, time out. Calm down & let's offer our differing opinions respectfully or do one!

We've got 22 senior players, not including our academy options & that includes Zinchenko. Do the maths.

18 days is 13 short of what we have in January? You're carrying on as if I'm demanding this before the season starts when I'm not. I'm purely stating the fact that in my personal opinion I think we need another 3 players & then we'll be ready to rock until Dinho, Silva, Kompany & Aguero need to be replaced. We haven't even got around to replacing Yaya yet & I fear it will only take a couple of injuries & suspension to put us under pressure.

If you disagree then fine, but don't get your G-Strings in a twist over it. It's just football banter on a forum ffs.

You don't understand squad rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.