Mezut Özil retires from international football.

It stuck in my mind when he led his Germany team-mates to donate their winning bonuses to charity at the 2014 World Cup. Whatever else anyone says about him, I’ve always thought him a decent human being.

Sign him up. He’d be a marvelous DM. Tough as nails. Strongly-worded-letter-wise.

Quality Player and that Statement is well worth the read. He names big characters and doesnt hold back. I would love to see how German Media are reacting this morning.

It would be pretty embarrassing if this had of happened to an England player of duel nationality.

The question is will IIkay take a step back to. This could be a positive for City.

Couple of interesting quotes on twitter this morning.

Uli Hoeneß quotes from the airport this morning where Bayern were flying off to the US on their pre-season tour.

"He has played shit for years.” “Every time we played against Arsenal we’d always go through him because we knew he is a weak point.” [BILD] “Last time he won a tackle was before the 2014 World Cup.”

Bayern President Uli Hoeness with more on Mesut Özil and his statement.

“For me Mesut Özil has been a poor excuse of a footballer for years...” “...Should ask himself when was the last time he won a tackle.” “...His 35 million follower boys that don’t really exist in the real world”

Last edited:
Couple of interesting quotes on twitter this morning.

Uli Hoeneß quotes from the airport this morning where Bayern were flying off to the US on their pre-season tour.

"He has played shit for years.” “Every time we played against Arsenal we’d always go through him because we knew he is a weak point.” [BILD] “Last time he won a tackle was before the 2014 World Cup.”

Bayern President Uli Hoeness with more on Mesut Özil and his statement.

“For me Mesut Özil has been a poor excuse of a footballer for years...” “...Should ask himself when was the last time he won a tackle.” “...His 35 million follower boys that don’t really exist in the real world”
2014 , wasn't Uli in prison then ?

He’s an under performing lazy fucker and has retired because he’s got no chance of ever being picked again... The Germans must be sick picking him and leaving Sane at home.
He’s wasted his talent for me and deserves no sympathy in footballing terms, anything outside of that I’m not getting involved in...

I’m a little unsure why he’s getting a slagging for his footballing ability here. He had a handful of great games and moments, some good games and a lot of anonymous games but you can’t doubt that he’s played to one of the highest levels, produced some sublime moments and won the World Cup. A lot more than most can say, even though I don’t particularly rate him highly.

The issues he’s raised are valid, and at least he’s got some bottle to call out those who are quite clearly wankers full of double standards. You only have to read those comments in the German Media from Uli above to see he’s got them down to a tee.

As for Sane not being picked when Ozil is? Are we seriously suggesting they play the same role in a squad ffs!? Low made it clear he took Brandt and not Sane.

He actually said it is fine when he is criticized for his footballing performance. The problem is when he gets criticized for being half Turkish. The German DFB (FA) president Grindel is BTW a former member of the German parliament for the conservatives, and has in the past said things like "the multicultural society is a lie". Özil basically accuses him of being racist, and IMHO he's got a point. Also on here we should distinguish between his performance on the field (underperforming lazy fucker) and the simple racism which he is complaining about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.