Fernandinho - 2017/18 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://mobile.twitter.com/City_Watch
City Watch @City_Watch . 39 min
Fernandinho has been subjected to racial abuse on social media after Brazil's exit to Belgium at the #WorldCup yesterday. The City midfielder has been attacked on his social media accounts, including being called a 'monkey' by angry fans who blame him for the loss. [UOL Esporte]

Idiots.

Brazil lost cause neymar is one of the most selfish players I’ve ever seen. Fernandinho didn’t have his best game but isn’t deservent of abuse let alone racial abuse.

I've watched that "own goal" a few times now, and big Vin definitely gets a glancing header on the corner, just enough to change the flight of the ball. Both Gab Jesus and Dinho jump for the same ball, and both miss it by a good 15 inches? Don't think so! Really harsh to blame him for that!

I've watched that "own goal" a few times now, and big Vin definitely gets a glancing header on the corner, just enough to change the flight of the ball. Both Gab Jesus and Dinho jump for the same ball, and both miss it by a good 15 inches? Don't think so! Really harsh to blame him for that!

It's more than 'harsh'.

Ironically he might have conceded a pen had it not gone in, as some numpty officials have been deeming that kind of thing 'deliberate' & an arm out whilst jumping as an 'unnatural' position.

13/14 and 17/18, two world cup years, both times Dinho plays out of his skin to get to said world cups and both times we win the league. Coincidence?

Big drop off in quality in between those 2 seasons from him imo and that's a worry if we are not pursuing another number 6. He's still obviously good enough as I believe it's a motivation issue, he'd run through brick walls for the cause in the two aforementioned seasons whereas that drive seemed missing when national team selection wasn't at stake. Pep's a great motivator so here's hoping he can get Dinho to carry over last seasons edge without a world cup and now without pressure on his place in the team.

13/14 and 17/18, two world cup years, both times Dinho plays out of his skin to get to said world cups and both times we win the league. Coincidence?

Big drop off in quality in between those 2 seasons from him imo and that's a worry if we are not pursuing another number 6. He's still obviously good enough as I believe it's a motivation issue, he'd run through brick walls for the cause in the two aforementioned seasons whereas that drive seemed missing when national team selection wasn't at stake. Pep's a great motivator so here's hoping he can get Dinho to carry over last seasons edge without a world cup and now without pressure on his place in the team.

Whilst accepting your opinion, I personally don't believe that he ever changes his approach , irrespective of national team places being up for grabs or not.

Since his arrival I believe that he is a player who gives a 100% at all times, who inevitably has dips in performance levels, but his motivation and commitment remain total.

Fatigue may be an element which comes into play, as he will be in the team whenever possible due to his commitment and benefit to the team.

Last edited:
13/14 and 17/18, two world cup years, both times Dinho plays out of his skin to get to said world cups and both times we win the league.

The massive flaw in this is that Fernandinho's place in the world cup 2018 was never in doubt. Tite has selected him in every single squad since he took over. He was always going to go and always going to be on the bench.

He could have had a shit season, and he'd still have gone as back up to Casemiro, and he could have had the best season of any midfielder in the world and he'd still be Casemiro's #2.

He had nothing to play for in Brazil terms.

The massive flaw in this is that Fernandinho's place in the world cup 2018 was never in doubt. Tite has selected him in every single squad since he took over. He was always going to go and always going to be on the bench.

He could have had a shit season, and he'd still have gone as back up to Casemiro, and he could have had the best season of any midfielder in the world and he'd still be Casemiro's #2.

He had nothing to play for in Brazil terms.

Maybe so but do you think Dinho knew that or that Tite made him aware of that? Massive flaw in his man managment if you believe so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.