Julian Weigl

Yeah we are a well run club now more cautious! If Mbappe said tomorrow he would like to sign for us but it would cost 160m we wouldn’t buy him.

I understand what you are saying. With the exception of Mbappe. I think he is the one player in the world that City would break the bank for. But I agree with your statement. City want to do business the right way. Not to overspend

Yet we seem petrified to sign a world class DM! Lol

Everyone, myself included, is keen for us to sign a world class DM and have Fernandinho's successor in place, but I don't see many people putting any names forward. Who are these world class DMs that we should sign and are they even available?

For instance, i don't think the likes of Fabinho or Fred were deemed enough of an improvement on what we have now or a good enough long term option for us to put serious bids in for and I don't think the club is that bothered to have seen them go elsewhere.

Jorginho we were clearly keen on but is he really a DM? Would he have improved us significantly?

I get the feeling that rather just buy someone else for the sake of it this summer they've decided to keep their powder dry for now and see if any more top class options emerge over the next 12 months. I'd be happier if it were sorted now, but I'm not sure the right person is out there right now. If someone bursts onto the scene next season though we'll be in a better position to go for them next summer than if we'd spent 50m on a lesser player now.

PSG have to sell. There's no way they can comply and play in Europe

PSG are out of the ball park and they know there best defence is to stockpile great players - they won’t get a UCL ban with Mbappe, Neymar and co in the side - the sponsors wouldn’t stand for it.

Everyone, myself included, is keen for us to sign a world class DM and have Fernandinho's successor in place, but I don't see many people putting any names forward. Who are these world class DMs that we should sign and are they even available?

For instance, i don't think the likes of Fabinho or Fred were deemed enough of an improvement on what we have now or a good enough long term option for us to put serious bids in for and I don't think the club is that bothered to have seen them go elsewhere.

Jorginho we were clearly keen on but is he really a DM? Would he have improved us significantly?

I get the feeling that rather just buy someone else for the sake of it this summer they've decided to keep their powder dry for now and see if any more top class options emerge over the next 12 months. I'd be happier if it were sorted now, but I'm not sure the right person is out there right now. If someone bursts onto the scene next season though we'll be in a better position to go for them next summer than if we'd spent 50m on a lesser player now.
Agree with much of this but someone like Romeu at saints wouldn’t break the bank and would be great support for Dinho. If the goal is two players for every position dm is where that isn’t true for us. Maybe Delph can do it but Danilo and Foden couldn’t imho. I wonder could Laporte play there?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.