What Constitutes a Successful Upcoming Season?

It's not above my expectation and I don't believe it is above the expectation of anyone at the club.

As Pep has said numerous times we have to build our history. He is targeting back to back to back. Anything else is a bonus.

Some may have got ahead of themselves and seem to think we have earned a right to things, but thankfully the hierarchy haven't. The mighty scum rags were at the helm for 26 years of the whiskey nosed twat and won 2 CL's and a few fa cups.

These lads are here for the long haul and will absolutely take a domination of the domestic league as the staple diet. No one has to assume that means we won't be doing everything in our power to win cups, every cup we enter.

As Pep has said numerous times we have to build our history. He is targeting back to back to back. Anything else is a bonus.

Some may have got ahead of themselves and seem to think we have earned a right to things, but thankfully the hierarchy haven't. The mighty scum rags were at the helm for 26 years of the whiskey nosed twat and won 2 CL's and a few fa cups.

These lads are here for the long haul and will absolutely take a domination of the domestic league as the staple diet. No one has to assume that means we won't be doing everything in our power to win cups, every cup we enter.

I'd agree. Winning the league again should be priority, and hopefully some good cup runs, and see how we go. I'd again try and blood more young lads in the League cup, as well. Nmecha, up top would be a good one, as we are quite light on strikers, so would be nice to see him get a few mins along with Foden and Diaz.

Cups are based, somewhat on luck, so to put that at the top of priority, is a little unfair on a manager. The league is usually the sign of quality and consistency.

I think when Pep talks of building our history it is to do with being accepted by Uefa and their referees. Although I agree with nearly everything you have said, I am not quite sure what you mean by the 'some may have got ahead of themselves' comment.

it be great to reclaim the title. Saying that i think that will be the hardest thing to do. After a world cup the league is always tighter. I think a cup win be great too. Injury free season we can go a long way in a lot of competitions. I just hope the squad is strong enough to cope with it again this time around.

I think when Pep talks of building our history it is to do with being accepted by Uefa and their referees. Although I agree with nearly everything you have said, I am not quite sure what you mean by the 'some may have got ahead of themselves' comment.
He is probably referring, quite rightly, to those who think anything other than three trophies is a disaster.

Win the league, semifinals or more in the CL, play yoof in the League Cup, and make a deep run in the FA Cup. I'd be plenty fine with that season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.