Extreme Away Days

Coldest Oldham on about 3 occasions..

Worst has to be Stoke the day we went down got a brick in the face and seeing the Wolves fans celebrating our black day on the m6 .

Coldest: Oldham away on that dreadful artificial pitch they had at the time, I think it was Smegheads debut and we won 1-0 albeit my memory is hazy due to the sub-artic temperatures that day, incredibly cold!
Most Memorable: That play-off final, from total and utter despair to incredible euphoria in a mater of minutes..... I will never ever experience the like again ……… hopefully as my dodgy ticker probably wont take another go around!

Its why I fooking love this club!!!!

That was my coldest for sure. It was freezing.

Hottest - Blackburn away 4-0 win.

Scariest - Members Cup final. Chelsea everywhere (although England v Scotland at Wembley in 87/88 was worse)

Worst atmosphere in city end - Blackburn cup match. Horrible.

Coldest. Boro away December 1995. The coldest I’ve ever been in my life. We got leathered 4-2 I think too.

Most intimidating. Bramhall Lane. Some proper head the balls support that club.

Shittest performance and result. Away at Coventry around 1993. God we were shit.

coldest - Middlesborough 2010 in the FA cup, was absolutely baltic! blizzard on the way to the ground (not helped by taking a wrong turning or two and getting lost). at least we won though

Blackburn FA cup was awful, i remember travelling down from newcastle via sale, journeys took forever, game was shite

Ugh that Middlesbrough cup tie. Soaked in snow and sleet a minute after stepping out of the car. Was up right at the top where they have plastic sheets covering the side as the wall didn’t extend to the top and it had holes in, snow and the wind blowing right through us. Begged for full time haha

Emptiest =

TNS away at the Millenium Stadium - our first ‘European’ game in my lifetime.

6 hour coach journey there and an absolutely shite match with zero atmosphere. We left at half time and went to the pub. 6 hour coach journey back.

What a waste of time that was,

Wettist Oldham in the 80's

Most hungover Oldham 5-1 win.

Farest Abu Dhabi for a friendly in 2009?

Most scary Birmingham

Coldist Bro on 2 occasions also gets the most foggy award.

Most enjoyable Stoke in the cup final followed closely by the raggy game a month or so before.

Most miserable there's been a few such as Shrewsbury in the cup, Derby County 6-0 etc but probably Wigan.

Best fun Walsall with the inflatables

Last edited:
Worst - Palace away in the League Cup, mid 90's. Coach trip to south London on Wednesday night!!! Awful journey.

5th round and we put out what i though was a decent team, we had beaten Newcastle to get there. I thought we were going to win it that year.

We lost 4 nil. Got back to Main Road some time around 3am.

best brawl seen between city fans: West Brom (1988/89) Frankenstein vs Newcastle Brown bottle vs paddling pool (amongst others)

Coldest Boro away Fa cup Benjani got the winner

Trouble millwall at the den or Everton at Goodison

Best palace away late 80’s fancy dress,if I had the money I would get Danny Boyle to do a film about it,one crazy fucking day,night and morning.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.