Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

I haven't gone back over recent posts but I think the Sterling/Rashford/Lingaard arguments that get pushed around the media are all a load of bollards. Maybe the real problem comes from basing the attack around Kane. Now he's just won the golden boot and as a London boy then he has to play but the problem here is that City have a rapid and fluid interplay system that virtually runs on autopilot with goals coming from anywhere whereas England might play out from the back and from hereon , any similarity with City ends. England are slow, cumbersome and ponderous and have to be because our golden boy is the focal point of our attack, unlike City who can play either Jesus or Kun and both will score, but our system isn't at all reliant on them being in the box, our fluidity alone being the key to our success. If Kane is to be persevered with, England have little choice but to play a long ball 4-4-2 game with Kane as a battering ram and with another forward who has repute for feeding off the scraps that come this way. It's ugly football but it's still prevalent in the PL and will take a long time to shake off, and players like Sterling aren't part of it.

I haven't gone back over recent posts but I think the Sterling/Rashford/Lingaard arguments that get pushed around the media are all a load of bollards. Maybe the real problem comes from basing the attack around Kane. Now he's just won the golden boot and as a London boy then he has to play but the problem here is that City have a rapid and fluid interplay system that virtually runs on autopilot with goals coming from anywhere whereas England might play out from the back and from hereon , any similarity with City ends. England are slow, cumbersome and ponderous and have to be because our golden boy is the focal point of our attack, unlike City who can play either Jesus or Kun and both will score, but our system isn't at all reliant on them being in the box, our fluidity alone being the key to our success. If Kane is to be persevered with, England have little choice but to play a long ball 4-4-2 game with Kane as a battering ram and with another forward who has repute for feeding off the scraps that come this way. It's ugly football but it's still prevalent in the PL and will take a long time to shake off, and players like Sterling aren't part of it.

I like you !!

Must say I felt so sorry for Rashford because RS seemed to attract all the chances to score prior to being substituted but as soon as he left the field the chances disappeared, sheer bad luck I suppose.
We know RS is wasteful but he does seem to be very lucky in attracting goal scoring chances, even the opposition mark the space around him in the hopes of getting a touch of the ball.
Mr Kane somehow manages to avoid the fortune RS gets despite goal hanging.

Perhaps chances will evenly distribute themselves in the future, so unfair on Rashford and Lingard.

Raheem was very poor against Belgium and deserved the hook at halftime , but Vardy must be pissed off , he is a far better player than the Rag Golden Boy , but Vardy never gets a sniff of a chance. The BBC ratings have Raheem as the third worst player for England , at least that will placate their Rag/Dipper licence fee payers , even Terence Trent Darby was rated better than Sterling for his one forgetful performance at full back against Belgium .
If i was in Sterling's boots i woud be telling Southgate i am jacking in playing for England , because no matter what i do , the England supporters hate me ,and the media and pundits take the piss out of me , would rather concentrate on my club career where i am appreciated for my efforts by the supporters. He is going to get booed at every away game next season anyway , he may as well make it worth their while and refuse to play for his country.

I thought the same about Vardy. Saw Southgate hugging him after the Belgium game and thought to myself that he must have been gutted at the limited opportunities given to him during the tournament. I'm sure other countries would have utilised him more if they needed goals, as England did in most of their games.

I thought the same about Vardy. Saw Southgate hugging him after the Belgium game and thought to myself that he must have been gutted at the limited opportunities given to him during the tournament. I'm sure other countries would have utilised him more if they needed goals, as England did in most of their games.
I thought he had a groin problem.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.