Anti depressants..

Sertraline is my current prescription - side effects have been weight gain and fluctuations in libido. But the gains outweigh the side effects - they have really helped with my issues and generally make me feel better

Ive been on this since about week after I started the thread.

It took ages abut Ive now gone back to work (3 months signed off) and Im starting to develop some resolve.

I honestly dont know how I was upright before I started taking them.

Head up your arse does not sound like clinical depression and crippling anxiety so you literally can't get out of bed

I edited the other post, I've been in worse places than most, still don't agree with them ;)

I edited the other post, I've been in worse places than most, still don't agree with them ;)
Sorry i missed the edit,it's incredibly difficult to get on the right one and dose and with them taking a month to kick in i can see why some people don't get on with them,the whole mental heath area is highly personal,i think they saved me

Sorry i missed the edit,it's incredibly difficult to get on the right one and dose and with them taking a month to kick in i can see why some people don't get on with them,the whole mental heath area is highly personal,i think they saved me

My issue was a massive underlying drinking problem that latest over two decades, took 6-8 weeks for me to start feeling normal after stopping drinking. Took some natural supplements towards the end of the 6-8 weeks that I'd read good things about.

My point is, is that with our culture, and so many heavy drinkers, anti depressants are thrown around far too easily without looking at the cause, but I guess they're cheaper than psychologists :)

My issue was a massive underlying drinking problem that latest over two decades, took 6-8 weeks for me to start feeling normal after stopping drinking. Took some natural supplements towards the end of the 6-8 weeks that I'd read good things about.

My point is, is that with our culture, and so many heavy drinkers, anti depressants are thrown around far too easily without looking at the cause, but I guess they're cheaper than psychologists :)
Quite,the waiting list for talking therapies are long,i was at a point where i went into mr GP's room sat in the corner and bawled my eyes out,he picked up the phone and called the mental health team and someone came to the surgery and took me home and my care under their team started then,talk about mess,i sort of laugh about that day now,i must have looked a right sight lol,gotta laugh

I managed to get a hold of it (depression/chemical imbalance) by changing my scenery and lifestyle dramatically, however i fully understand it needs a strong mentality to dig yourself out. Fortunately i have a comfort blanket in absolute logic and reason. If i found myself thinking i was at a dead end and had nothing to offer something kind of took over. Some super efficient thing kind of took over my actions. It is hard to explain but is as if i was on auto pilot, a simple spectator at the events unfolding.

That part of myself protected me brilliantly, it was autopilot Guy that moved me to Amsterdam and got me a good job there and to other places. I suppose you could say i became very focused at these times and everything became clear how to advance in life.

I have no idea if this happened to others who had/have depression but i hope they have that to because the idea of being stuck in those places mentally hurts me, i would wish mental illness on nobody. Now i am a weird mix of remembering the bad in life but i can see the otherside to. I am still probably on the fence if i am honest but i don't know if that is any depression or just how i am wired.

If some need medication for it then all power to you, do what you need to see the sunshine in life again.

Completely agree with this.
Nicely put,i think it's what people need to realise,it's medication like any other,if you were diabetic you wouldn't refuse medication,you don't need to be on drugs for mental illness for ever unless you choose to,i do because i know what will happen if i stop from past experience,it doesn't bother me at all that i take them,my GP is on the same drugs as i am and he is the best most calming doctor i have ever had,it takes no notice of who you are or what you have,it can get anyone. Go and talk to someone,don't suffer in silence,even just talking can help a lot and get you started on the road to getting your life back,there are several of us you can pm if you need to,i have a saying that has served me well and that is stay calm everything is fixable and it really is

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.