Who Will Pose A Threat Next Season

Im worried about the world cup hangover for some of the main men, mainly KDB who was obviously out there the full tournement. Tricky first game away to arsenal who will be up for it (you'd think) under the new gaffer.

My main worry for the season is aguero getting a long term injury and not having a main man up front, Jesus is class but still raw.

cheers

Chelsea I think will be a threat now that they seem to be keeping Hazard. Sari is an excellent manager and it will be really interesting to see how they get on.
I think Pool are a bigger threat - Pool are continuing under the same manager, have bought well and seem to have addressed their major weaknesses (lack of spine, defensive fragility especially at keeper).

Meanwhile, Chelsea are undergoing a 180-degree shift in philosophy - defense first, counter attack under Conte to aggressive ball retention attacking under Sari. Maybe they'll make the transition in a single year and challenge for the title - but I rather doubt it. A year from now, assuming Sari survives and Chelsea are willing to spend, Chelsea could very well be our biggest challengers. For me though - this year - it's Pool.

I can only see Liverpool as a challenger.

Spurs - not strenghened - new ground syndrome
Chelsea - new manager, change of phiosophy
Arsenal - shite
United - shitter

Instagram.

IMG_4142.jpg

I think Pool are a bigger threat - Pool are continuing under the same manager, have bought well and seem to have addressed their major weaknesses (lack of spine, defensive fragility especially at keeper).

Meanwhile, Chelsea are undergoing a 180-degree shift in philosophy - defense first, counter attack under Conte to aggressive ball retention attacking under Sari. Maybe they'll make the transition in a single year and challenge for the title - but I rather doubt it. A year from now, assuming Sari survives and Chelsea are willing to spend, Chelsea could very well be our biggest challengers. For me though - this year - it's Pool.

Remains to be seen how well Liverpool have bought. Was not at all impressed by Fabinho when he played against our kids (got pretty much skinned by Luke). Allisson is very likely an upgrade over Karius, but didn't look that hot to me either at the World Cup or in the CL semis. Keita looks good, but has no PL experience - so jury out on that one. Against that, it is fairly unlikely that Salah will have the same kind of season as last year. He will be a very marked man - if he is good enough to overcome that, then power to him. But that's a big question mark also. If Liverpool get the kind of ref'ing they got in the CL quarters and semis then they probably will be a threat. But that will have little to do with Klopp or who they have bought.

Who the hell is Pool?

Remains to be seen how well Liverpool have bought. Was not at all impressed by Fabinho when he played against our kids (got pretty much skinned by Luke). Allisson is very likely an upgrade over Karius, but didn't look that hot to me either at the World Cup or in the CL semis. Keita looks good, but has no PL experience - so jury out on that one. Against that, it is fairly unlikely that Salah will have the same kind of season as last year. He will be a very marked man - if he is good enough to overcome that, then power to him. But that's a big question mark also. If Liverpool get the kind of ref'ing they got in the CL quarters and semis then they probably will be a threat. But that will have little to do with Klopp or who they have bought.

Salah IS Liverpool.

If he has a season like the last one, they will compete. If he doesn't, they will implode.

We can expect the goalkeeper to probably be better than the previous ones, but he isn't going to stop them from conceding goals.

All the talk is of the new signings, but what has to happen at Liverpool, is the players from last season have to be as good, or better, just to compete for top 4. Some of them who stepped up surprisingly last season, might actually not reach the same level this.

Halfway through last season, some people on here were talking about the wonderful run Liverpool would soon embark on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.