Thailand

Been coming here for 4 years now living here for 15 . Go to Isaan in the NE. I live in Khon Kaen 5th biggest city. There is 80,000 students in kk. And they party at night. Dont come here with your gf
I like Khon Kaen, stayed at the Kosa and the Charoen Thani Princess hotels, my ex I was with for nearly 5 years is from there.

Not really a great deal to see though, especially for a single bloke.

Just came back this week, about my 15th time there.

Bangkok is a must for a couple of days. Some of the food is unreal, best food I’ve ever tasted.

From there, you have to much choice. You could go to kanchanaburi for a couple of days to see the bridge over river Kwai and then go to Erawan Waterfalls which are absolutely stunning. That’s about a two hour drive from BKK. Taxis are fairly cheap to Kanchanaburi.

Khao Yai National Park is also within driving distance from BKK, about 2 hours. Another beautiful part of Thailand. Although I’d probably give this a miss seeing as its your first visit. You really need to rent a car to go here, and seeing as its your first visit, you won’t want to drive on the roads! Highest road death rates in Thailand in the world, so yeah forget about this option. I’ve only just started to have the balls to drive over there.

From BKK, you can go anywhere in Thailand, seeing as its pretty much slap bang in the middle of the country. I don’t mind Chiang Mai, there’s better places to go in Thailand, but it’s worth a visit if you’re into your culture. You can go Elephant trekking into the jungle, if that’s the sort of thing you fancy. The food here in Chiang Mai also very good, you can go to cooking classes which are fun. That’s about a 1 hour flight from BKK, domestic flights are dirt cheap.

Down south there’s Phuket, Surat Thani (koh samui, koh Tao and koh phangan) and Krabi. All easy to get to by plane from BKK.

I personally don’t like Phuket, everything’s over priced and I prefer other places in Thailand. Don’t take my word for it though, because other people love it. Phi Phi Island is about an hours ferry from Phuket mainland. Bit of party Island and full of twatpackers, but it is a really nice Island.

Next to Phuket, just across the water, you’ve got Krabi. I love Krabi. There’s an Island there called Koh Lanta, its ace. Really chilled out place to spend a week. Phi Phi Island is also easy to get to from Krabi. Ao Nang in Krabi is also a nice place, some of Thailand’s picturesque beaches are here or around here.

Koh Samui is good, it’s got a bit of everything. Beaches, nightlife, waterfalls. Koh Phangan is mainly full of backpackers for the full moon party’s, but it’s a gorgeous Island, as is Koh Tao. These three Islands are all close to each other.

My favourite Island is Koh Chang, but it’s a ball ache to get to unless you fancy a night in Pattaya.

I don’t know what you’re into or looking for, but that’s a summary of the most popular places. If it’s beaches you’re into, go down south. If it’s culture, mix it up a bit. Maybe go up north to chiang mai, then go back down south to one of the Islands.

Word of notice about the weather in Thailand, it’s as unreliable as the weather in England when it comes to rainfall. The dry season is meant to be November-Feb in majority of Thailand, but I’ve known it to piss it down in January for weeks, that’s right in the middle of the dry season! Just don’t go in September or October, proper wash out. Like already mentioned, going in the cool season doesn’t make much difference than going in the hot season, it’s still hot any time of the year.

Koh Kood is beautiful ... just off Chang
worth a visit

Just came back this week, about my 15th time there.

Bangkok is a must for a couple of days. Some of the food is unreal, best food I’ve ever tasted.

From there, you have to much choice. You could go to kanchanaburi for a couple of days to see the bridge over river Kwai and then go to Erawan Waterfalls which are absolutely stunning. That’s about a two hour drive from BKK. Taxis are fairly cheap to Kanchanaburi.

Khao Yai National Park is also within driving distance from BKK, about 2 hours. Another beautiful part of Thailand. Although I’d probably give this a miss seeing as its your first visit. You really need to rent a car to go here, and seeing as its your first visit, you won’t want to drive on the roads! Highest road death rates in Thailand in the world, so yeah forget about this option. I’ve only just started to have the balls to drive over there.

From BKK, you can go anywhere in Thailand, seeing as its pretty much slap bang in the middle of the country. I don’t mind Chiang Mai, there’s better places to go in Thailand, but it’s worth a visit if you’re into your culture. You can go Elephant trekking into the jungle, if that’s the sort of thing you fancy. The food here in Chiang Mai also very good, you can go to cooking classes which are fun. That’s about a 1 hour flight from BKK, domestic flights are dirt cheap.

Down south there’s Phuket, Surat Thani (koh samui, koh Tao and koh phangan) and Krabi. All easy to get to by plane from BKK.

I personally don’t like Phuket, everything’s over priced and I prefer other places in Thailand. Don’t take my word for it though, because other people love it. Phi Phi Island is about an hours ferry from Phuket mainland. Bit of party Island and full of twatpackers, but it is a really nice Island.

Next to Phuket, just across the water, you’ve got Krabi. I love Krabi. There’s an Island there called Koh Lanta, its ace. Really chilled out place to spend a week. Phi Phi Island is also easy to get to from Krabi. Ao Nang in Krabi is also a nice place, some of Thailand’s picturesque beaches are here or around here.

Koh Samui is good, it’s got a bit of everything. Beaches, nightlife, waterfalls. Koh Phangan is mainly full of backpackers for the full moon party’s, but it’s a gorgeous Island, as is Koh Tao. These three Islands are all close to each other.

My favourite Island is Koh Chang, but it’s a ball ache to get to unless you fancy a night in Pattaya.

I don’t know what you’re into or looking for, but that’s a summary of the most popular places. If it’s beaches you’re into, go down south. If it’s culture, mix it up a bit. Maybe go up north to chiang mai, then go back down south to one of the Islands.

Word of notice about the weather in Thailand, it’s as unreliable as the weather in England when it comes to rainfall. The dry season is meant to be November-Feb in majority of Thailand, but I’ve known it to piss it down in January for weeks, that’s right in the middle of the dry season! Just don’t go in September or October, proper wash out. Like already mentioned, going in the cool season doesn’t make much difference than going in the hot season, it’s still hot any time of the year.

Good stuff.

Going for the first time in Feb - 3 weeks with my mate. Return flights to Bangkok, we've no plan for the inbetween yet but we will be doing the full moon party. Thanks for info

Khan Kaen is the City to be if you’re single!

Maybe on a weekend (thurs - Sun) at night, it's really has got fuck all else going for it otherwise except the dam maybe.

Though I may be being bot hash as I have only been a couple of times mainly in the day and most of the atractions outside the city are easily accessable from Udon also.

The times I went in the night I found plenty of decent Thai bars playing music and with good service and food.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.