The Boxing thread

Just watched Dillian Whyte interview on Sky.
He says he wants AJ again.
AJ knocked him out last time and would do again.
Where would Whyte go after that ?
Two time loser and no belt to offer.
He would be better off going for Wilder.
Whyte is WBC mandatory challenger so would or should get the fight before Fury.
Fury would have to pay him to step aside surely.
I'm guessing that Fury doesn't have the money to make Whyte step aside.
If I was Whyte I'd be calling out Wilder.
Wilder would have no choice.
Fight or hand it over.

Whyte could even force the WBC to make Wilder step in the ring through the courts.
I think he may win in the courts but get walloped in the ring.

The Whyte that lost to AJ last time is a different fighter than the one he is today, he was carrying a shoulder injury in their last fight & had it operated on straight after, I think we’re seeing a fully fit Whyte now that has got a bit more ring craft than before, having a total of 30 amateur and pro fights is a big hinderance against someone that has 100+. Let’s not forget he put AJ on his arse and beat him in his first amateur fight & rocked him in their last one. All that being said I still don’t think he beats AJ, but he’s not afraid of having another L on his record and will build again if he gets beat.

They’ve pushed for the Wilder fight for 12 months/since Whyte became no.1 in the division and Wilder has flat out refused to fight Whyte more than once. Whyte was supposed to face Ortiz instead of Parker until they were told it would only be a second mandatory fight and the winner would go onto fight Breazeale for the first mandatory. I think the fact that the WBC hasn’t forced the Wilder v Whyte fight shows they fear that Whyte has a chance against Wilder, If Whyte was to win it would see an end to them making huge amounts of money in sanctioning fee’s for the AJ v Wilder fight, and they don’t want to miss out on that!

I don't want Fury rushing into a title fight because I don't want any excuses for him if he loses, it seems he gets better in some people memories the further back his last fight was. He's been dining off that one fight with Wlad for so long now, not to take away being the first guy to do it but it wasn't a vintage Wlad, he was caught off guard that night and couldn't get going. It wasn't a great fight either, not technically or as a spectacle with back and forth action, I was happy for him when he got the decision, the gameplan was right on the night to get the nod and fair play to him and his trainer for that but lets be real here about the fighter he is.

He's a very big difficult opponent, mobile(footwork is ok compared to some but he is clumsy with it at times, not graceful), good head movement compared to most heavyweights out there today, good hand speed and punch output for heavyweight too. That's all well and good but the idea he will school the top heavyweights is way off he's not Ali and should stop talking like he can ever be considered a polished fighter like that, like he's in a position to talk down about the other heavyweights when he can't in a lot of respects.

For one he doesn't have a granite chin, he was knocked right on his arse by Steve Cunningham who wasn't even a proper heavyweight(the size difference was laughable), if he makes that mistake with Wilder he's done for. Then there's his own power, if he's up against someone like Joshua who has him wobbled I don't think he has that knockout power to keep them at bay, that one punch power for them to worry about when going in for the kill. His stoppages come through accumulation, something which people laughably say about Joshua in the usual online boxing debates. To that I say no, look back Fury's stoppages in contrast THAT'S proper accumulation without KO power(still effective if you can do it consistently don't get me wrong)... Joshua hurts opponents with straight jabs at times, forces them into a tight defence and then he has to pick his punches to get around their guard(very good at that too), you can tell he has heavy hands by the way the majority of his opponents have reacted to the first taste of his shots. Looking back at his highlights I see that I don't want to be here anymore look about them, all thoughts of winning it quickly leaves their head and it's survival mode.

Finally there's also the failed drugs test issue with Tyson, sorry to keep bringing that up but I do find it weird how it's been sweeped under the carpet, he failed a test for steroids(probably should have meant the Wlad fight should have been called off if they knew beforehand), failed a further one for benzoylecgonine while making jokey references to scarface on twitter, then took a self imposed lay-off for two years(coincidently the time most steroids cheats are suspended?), then failed to show up to a UKad doping hearing in Dec 2017. Now he's somehow back and become a hero of boxing and all the rest are pretenders? Not for me sorry and I think Joshua beats him by KO even in his Wlad fight shape too, Wilder I think he can beat if he concentrates on his footwork, making sure Wilder is always out of position to land anything cleanly(something Wilder does himself a lot without help) and using his weight advantage to good effect.

Very good post, I am another one who finds it very strange how a guys stock can rise the longer he stays out of the ring. To cut a long story short he's a good boxer who had a fairly average career, got a bit lucky one night (fair play to him) then went on a coke binge for a while. He should have to earn his stripes again before he even mentions the likes of AJ and Wilder never mind talk down to them. I cant see him lasting 12 rounds with Wilder unless he pretty much jabs and runs, too much in close and hes gone. AJ could just walk in at will through Fury's jab and take him out quite easy I think. I find it embarrassing and totally uneducated when some call him the best heavyweight out there.

I'll be honest the Fury debate is really quite tedious. Some rate him as the best heavyweight, some dont. Nobody is going to change their opinion till he steps up and fights at a decent level again.

Quite disappointed to see still no UK coverage of Kovalev and Bivol this weekend, especially considering we missed out on Mikey Garcia last week.

Some money to be mate this friday anyway, Farmer vs Dib in Australia, unless Farmer wins by KO expect a dodgy decision for Dib who is 7/2

I'll be honest the Fury debate is really quite tedious. Some rate him as the best heavyweight, some dont. Nobody is going to change their opinion till he steps up and fights at a decent level again.

Quite disappointed to see still no UK coverage of Kovalev and Bivol this weekend, especially considering we missed out on Mikey Garcia last week.

Some money to be mate this friday anyway, Farmer vs Dib in Australia, unless Farmer wins by KO expect a dodgy decision for Dib who is 7/2

I see Tim Tszyu is on the undercard if he is anything like his dad he will be a future World Champion.

Also on the cardif Sky card look out for Dylan McDonagh hes a 3 fight pro winning all 3 against a Welsh guy McGoldrick who will be favourite but McDonagh might be worth a bit of money to win the fight. Was doing Thai Boxing and MMA for a long time so hes a tough guy at 31 he has been in more harder fights. Dylan is 10/1 big price but shouldnt be that price for the fight i seen. I will be putting some of my money on him this weekend to win.

As for Whyte he learned a lot from the first fight with AJ and I think it would be a lot closer but feel AJ gets a points win. Whyte needs to KO AJ to have any chance of winning a rematch.

Ireland have a new world champion TJ Doheny he beat Ryosuke Iwasa in Japan. He is only the second fighter from UK / Ireland to win a world title in Japan the other being Wayne McCullough. I heard it was a really good fight. No highlights of it online yet but TJ won it on points on all cards in Japan. for the IBF Super Bamtamweight title. Judges scored it 117-112 , 116-112 and 115 - 113 the only downer is TJ got 2 cuts under the eyes top preformance. Will always remember seeing him in the nationals against John Joe Joyce and Joyce beat him well and to think Joyce now is struggling and TJ is a world champion its amazing the guy went to Australia and has done wonders out there. No he is going to going in for a unification fight with the winner of Dogboe v Otake. Delighted for the lad.

Irish boxing is only going to get better for the island to have world champions in Burnett , TJ , Katie Taylor and Carl Frampton. Then also to have Jason Quigley on the verge of a world title fight and Spike O Sullivan too its exciting to watch these guys and to think that Ireland down South has banned most of the fighters fighting in the south its sad as were missing out on seeing these guys live which is sad. Also we could well add to our world champions list with Paddy Barnes this weekend too its some going. The high preformance unit of the Irish ams have produced some amazing talents.

Fury v Joshua is the one I want but Tyson needs to earn it. The disrespect he’s shown boxing in recent years is unprofessional.

Being honest i think the Frampton bill is ok. Looking forward to Paddy Barnes fighting for a World Title. Frampton should win its a shame they couldnt get a name for him to fight. The all Ireland fight between Steve Collins Jnr and Steven Ward should be a good fight on the bill the circus act in Fury will get people talking if Wilder is there. Just hope they get the weather for it up there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.